Thread: More %&*!@ from Walmart

More %&*!@ from Walmart

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

The REAL answer to this problem isn't to get all up in arms about WalMarts increasingly fascist policies. What do you expect? WalMart was the FIRST mega-corp to ofshore the majority of their products to China. WalMart leads the retail industry in abuse of employee benefit laws, labor laws in general, and they have been one of the major players in the "Dead Peasant Insurance" scam.

The REAL answer is to STOP SHOPPING AT WALMART.

They are the enemy. WalMart has single handedly been responsible for destroying the sall businesses of local groceries, local hardware stores, and local (and even regional) department stores. They have been directly responsible for a LARGE part of the de-industrialization of America by refusing to support US manufacturers, and offshoring their entire supply chain (even their boxes and shipping pallets are made in China) to the Peoples Republic of China.

The REAL answer to gun owners--and this is a WIN-WIN solution for us--is to buy all your firearms and ammo and other hunting/target/self defense supplies at LOCALLY-OWNED stores--gun stores, sporting goods stores, whatever.

BUY LOCAL.

Put your money in the pockets of people who REALLY need it--your neighbors, and the local economy.

"F" WalMart and their globalist neo-feudal agenda.

Vote with your wallets, folks...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-29-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

whaddaya expect?

They partnered with Homeland Security. Why shouldn't they CYA and refuse to sell?
    If the gov't wants 'reasonable restrictions', then they have to be Johnny on the spot and not impede commerce. Like, oh, making a customer wait several days to buy a legal product.

I thought this was interesting:
    "Police in Pleasanton, Calif., last year suspended the gun-selling license of a Wal-Mart..."
    I thought only the ATF could do anything about FFE licensees?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Yep, when Sam died, he took with him just about any concerns other than making money. I hate them so much that I often these days carry concealed and go to Costco. I agree completely with Dreamer, and as such I hope they get hammered for this. But the problem is that once they find out it is costing them money, they will probably just switch back to not being so in the face of gun shoppers.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I thought this was interesting:

I thought only the ATF could do anything about FFE licensees?
    Yes but that was in Kali, a place that should have long ago been turned over to the EU. They have their own dumbass laws and licensing structure, which walmart is also subject to.

I think the most fascinating thing about this type of crap is that in many parts of the US, especially in that treasonously run state, we the people are actually regarded as subordinates to the local police. Any cop who feels this way about me, or any other law abiding citizen can and should kiss my ass.
    Last edited by Michigander; 12-29-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

The NRA shouldn't Boycott Wal-Mart, AMERICAN's should! But hey I've been saying this for years...

Now I am going to get attacked, by the Walmartians, they will ask me why, I will tell them, they will say BS prove it, I will. They will say BS your lying. And they I will because I already proved it to them...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

The REAL answer to gun owners--and this is a WIN-WIN solution for us--is to buy all your firearms and ammo and other hunting/target/self defense supplies at LOCALLY-OWNED stores--gun stores, sporting goods stores, whatever.

BUY LOCAL.

Put your money in the pockets of people who REALLY need it--your neighbors, and the local economy.

{HH slowly stands up, steely gaze locked dead ahead, jaw set, starts SLOW and steady golf clap that only starts to pick up speed/intensity as others stand and join in}

Music fades in.

THANK YOU for this post. Been saying this for years and I get looks like I just landed on your planet. Then a little drool happens as they dig for the remote in an effort not to make eye contact any more.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I'd stop buying at wal-mart if other places could price match them on items like ammunition. Sorry, but I'm not paying $5/box more at the local gun store for the same stuff. I don't make enough money a year to throw it away.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    I'd stop buying at wal-mart if other places could price match them on items like ammunition. Sorry, but I'm not paying $5/box more at the local gun store for the same stuff. I don't make enough money a year to throw it away.
    When a financial and time situation pretty much mandates it, I can't really argue with it being a good idea.

But there is still the fact that they drastically cheapen vast numbers of products from the variants sold in other stores. Ammo, for example, I have noticed is often of a far less reliable quality than that from other stores. Whatever that Winchester shotgun ammo is called, some .22 I shot with another member from here recently, never mind their leaded toys, and processed garbage food, much of which they try to pretend is healthy.

I have found that by reloading, and shopping around for discounts at Kroger, Cabelas, Jays, and online, there are very few things I can't get as cheaply and at a higher quality. With household items, higher quality results in a longer product life span, resulting in less money being spent.

And to keep it as gun related as possible, I will suggest that for the cheapest ammo, go to www.gun-deals.com, and buy in bulk. Or get a progressive press and start casting, at which point you can shoot large quantities of 9mm for less than .22.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The REAL answer to this problem isn't to get all up in arms about WalMarts increasingly fascist policies. What do you expect? WalMart was the FIRST mega-corp to ofshore the majority of their products to China. WalMart leads the retail industry in abuse of employee benefit laws, labor laws in general, and they have been one of the major players in the "Dead Peasant Insurance" scam.

They are the enemy. WalMart has single handedly been responsible for destroying the sall businesses of local groceries, local hardware stores, and local (and even regional) department stores. They have been directly responsible for a LARGE part of the de-industrialization of America by refusing to support US manufacturers, and offshoring their entire supply chain (even their boxes and shipping pallets are made in China) to the Peoples Republic of China.

BUY LOCAL.

+1000

Thank you!

People are so stuck on saving a buck, they can't see what's going on right under their nose.
    Last edited by paknon2wheels; 12-29-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    The NRA shouldn't Boycott Wal-Mart, AMERICAN's should! But hey I've been saying this for years...

Now I am going to get attacked, by the Walmartians, they will ask me why, I will tell them, they will say BS prove it, I will. They will say BS your lying. And they I will because I already proved it to them...
    Please call the NRA. After a couple of day's trying to get somebody on the phone, let them know about the WalMart problem.
    Ask them to send a Member message out asking all members to avoid going there untill they get a clue what rights are all about.
    Think it'll happen?

Campaign Veteran
    'Stop Shopping at Walmart'

I agree entirely. The problem is convincing my comrades here in western SD. Where I'm from in MD, there are 5 Walmarts within 20 minutes. Here in Rapid City there is one Walmart, and one Sam's Club. This is quite literally 'middle America' - ranching, farming, hunting, fishing, etc, etc. So why are folks here s**tting themselves in excitement about the brand new Sam's being built on the edge of town?

I haven't set foot in a wal-mart in several years, have no reason to support them and ths just gives me another reason to hate them. they did share a parking lot with the lowes here and i would sometimes drive through to get to lowes, what really cracked me up was all the fords and gm's in wal-marts parking lot with those stupid " out of a job yet quit buying foreign" stickers on them, i wanted to check their bags when they came out to see how many chinese made products they had just purchased.

As a result, the company decided "after much consideration" to change its policy effective May 29 in its 2,700 stores, nearly all of which sell guns, according to the memo.
    Which May 29 was it effective, 2010 or 2011?
    If this was effective in May of 2010 why are we just now reading about?

There isn't a walmart within 30 miles of where I live that sells guns anymore. Yet there are 3 locations within 5 miles of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    Which May 29 was it effective, 2010 or 2011?
    If this was effective in May of 2010 why are we just now reading about?
    The date on the article is Dec. 29th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    There isn't a walmart within 30 miles of where I live that sells guns anymore. Yet there are 3 locations within 5 miles of the house.
    Walmart still sells rifles in some locations while others sell only muzzleloaders and some do not sell firearms at all.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Banned
    Im paying about 5$/100 rd. .40S&W right now by reloading. Can Walmart beat that?

Its just the city/suburb stores that don't sell firearms in Michigan, I believe, they sell them in most stores. Like 90% of stores So most of the South, most of the West, and most of the Country.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

walmart doesn't mind selling you ammo and gun cleaning stuff tho. it's like telling fat people they can't be fat in there but they will sell you food.

I can actually get better deals by shopping online.