Thread: Chris Christie Won’t Fight for Gun Rights

Chris Christie Won’t Fight for Gun Rights

If you are a fan of this man like I 'was" you wont be after reading the following story.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/half-co...inglepage=true

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...hold-your-fire

FROM THE FOLLOWING LINKS

THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS

Desperate Corzine already lying about Chris Christie’s Record

Corzine Lie: Christie stands with the NRA FACT: Chris Christie supports the assault weapons ban and all current gun laws. He opposes attempts to permit conceal and carry laws in New Jersey – hardly the NRA position.

Unlike Jon Corzine, Chris Christie will strictly enforce the gun laws against violent criminals, ending parole against violent felons and making bail harder to get for violent felons. The U.S. Attorney’s Office, under Christie, did nearly 800 gun cases and broke up violent gangs in Camden, East Orange, Newark and Asbury Park, jailing hundreds of gang members. Here’s Corzine’s record: murders increased 9% last year, rapes jumped by 15% and burglaries increased by 7%. (Source: NJ Uniform Crime Report, 2008). While Jon Corzine wants to use gun laws to play the typical petty politics of the past, Chris Christie would toughen gun laws to fight criminals and make New Jersey safer – another job Jon Corzine has failed in as Governor.

As his campaign plainly stated, “Chris Christie supports the assault weapons ban and all current gun laws. He opposes attempts to permit conceal and carry laws in New Jersey – hardly the NRA position.”

Christie doesn’t just support New Jersey’s draconian gun control laws. He ran for office on a platform of making even more restrictive the absurd gun laws that made Brian Aitken a felon. Let us be blunt: Chris Christie supports a system of gun laws purposefully designed to entrap and disarm society.

Christie doesn’t trust his own citizens to exercise responsibly their constitutional rights to firearms. He may be a hero to some, but from the position of a gun owner, he’s no better than the freedom-hating Democrat he replaced. "
    Want more proof

Chris Christie Fighting to Finish Line
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009
    ===================================

HANNITY: All right. As governor, now one of the big debates in the Republican Party now is whether or not it’s going to be a party of Reagan and conservatism or those that want a more moderate voice?

As governor, now you’re a prosecutor, so you’re tough on crime.

CHRISTIE: Yes.

HANNITY: You’re running this campaign on fiscal responsibility.

CHRISTIE: Yes.

HANNITY: Are there any issues where you are, quote, moderate to left as a Republican?

CHRISTIE: Listen, I favor some of the gun-control measures we have in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Bad idea.

CHRISTIE: Listen, we have a densely-populated state, and there’s a big hand gun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don’t support all the things that the governor supports by a long stretch. But I think on guns — certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law-enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed, we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Should every — should every citizen in the state be allowed to get a licensed weapon if they want one?

CHRISTIE: In New Jersey, that’s not going to happen, Sean.

HANNITY: Why?

CHRISTIE: Listen, the Democratic legislature we have, there's no way those type of things — listen, at the end of the day, what I support are common sense laws that will allow people to protect themselves, but I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets, very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don't have an abundance of guns out there.

But listen, the issues in this race are taxes and jobs and spending.

———————-

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569805,00.html
    Last edited by zack991; 12-29-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Makes you wonder how much the press coverage of the arrest of someone with lawful guns woke up some of the Jersey folks. Maybe good time for NRA and others to get a foot in the door there and for the people to fight for their rights. When even liberal papers are questioning a gun arrest you know something isn't right.

Campaign Veteran
    They elected an untrustworthy politician in NEW JERSEY? You're kidding!
    Seriously though, the whole 2A situation in NJ makes me want to cry, and I'm originally from MD!

Quote Originally Posted by petrophase View Post
    They elected an untrustworthy politician in NEW JERSEY? You're kidding!
    Seriously though, the whole 2A situation in NJ makes me want to cry, and I'm originally from MD!
    Yea makes me want to throw up, I honestly never looked up the mans background until tonight and needless to say I am 100% glad he is not our governor. Thank God buckeye firearms and other Ohio groups here, keep close records for us gun owners to help us when it comes time to vote. I would have never known how ant gun he was by just what I see in the videos, I wish someone would put him on the spot and take the hot air out of him in his town hall meetings.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-29-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Christie is obviously NOT a statistician, and his "Goggle-Fu" is weak...

According to the "Officer Down Memorial Page", a site that keeps track of all LE officers (State, local, Sheriff Depts., and Park Police) killed in the line of duty nationwide, 147 NJ police offers were killed by gunfire in the entire history of the state.

However, in that same period, 187 have been killed in vehicle-related incidents, including 62 deaths from motorcycle crashes.

If NJ REALLY wants to reduce officer deaths, they would give them better training in how to handle their cruisers and motorcycles...

http://www.odmp.org/browse.php?abbr=...e=New%20Jersey
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-29-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I have mixed feelings on Christie. From the Hannity show quote I get that he does not want gun rights to be a divisive issue to his attempts to fix what he feels is important, "taxes, jobs, and spending."

I have read a couple articles warning the Tea Party to stick to similar issues and to not get suckered into taking any "God, guns, or gays' positions. I am more and more agreeing with this standpoint. Take a stand on abortion and you automaticily lose a percentage of the vote, no matter what your other positions are.

The unholy Big Governmnet/Big Business alliance must, and can only be, curtailed by the exercise of individual freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    I have mixed feelings on Christie. From the Hannity show quote I get that he does not want gun rights to be a divisive issue to his attempts to fix what he feels is important, "taxes, jobs, and spending."

I have read a couple articles warning the Tea Party to stick to similar issues and to not get suckered into taking any "God, guns, or gays' positions. I am more and more agreeing with this standpoint. Take a stand on abortion and you automaticily lose a percentage of the vote, no matter what your other positions are.

The unholy Big Governmnet/Big Business alliance must, and can only be, curtailed by the exercise of individual freedoms.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

Its either complete freedom or none at all. Taking no stand on any issue just shows that they are more worried about creating waves than doing what is necessary as a statesmen.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-30-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Cristie: I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets, very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don't have an abundance of guns out there.
    Hitler:We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Cristie: I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets, very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don't have an abundance of guns out there.
    Too late, as in 235 years too late.

I'm not sure why he's concerned about officer safety, though. I'll protect them the same as I'd protect any other innocent nearby victims of armed crime.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Too late, as in 235 years too late.

I'm not sure why he's concerned about officer safety, though. I'll protect them the same as I'd protect any other innocent nearby victims of armed crime.
    Maybe he's afraid the victims of police abuse might also get protected?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Christie is obviously NOT a statistician, and his "Goggle-Fu" is weak...

According to the "Officer Down Memorial Page", a site that keeps track of all LE officers (State, local, Sheriff Depts., and Park Police) killed in the line of duty nationwide, 147 NJ police offers were killed by gunfire in the entire history of the state.

However, in that same period, 187 have been killed in vehicle-related incidents, including 62 deaths from motorcycle crashes.

If NJ REALLY wants to reduce officer deaths, they would give them better training in how to handle their cruisers and motorcycles...

http://www.odmp.org/browse.php?abbr=...e=New%20Jersey
    Of those 147 officers killed, I bet all of the guns were not legally obtained and they (criminals) didn't care about the gun laws in that state. The gun laws only affect the "law abiding citizens" and the more you put on these people, the more you help the criminals do their crimes without fear!

Real, real sad. Like the OP, I had happy-feelings towards Chirstie. Now, I see him just as another statist, blue-blood republican (ie: a Northeastern republican).

As for his 'statistical' reasons for not wanting conceal carry firearms, he's full of manure. I live in AZ. My county is as large as New Jersey. Their population is barely 30% more than AZ's. Trenton (their largest city) is 4/5 smaller than Phoenix. We have Constitutional Carry for crying out loud. Everywhere-Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, EVERYWHERE.

Saying NJ is 'too big' and 'too populated' is disingenuous.

If Washington had known how New Jersey wouldn've turned out... He'd have let the Hessians keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Been There View Post
    Of those 147 officers killed, I bet all of the guns were not legally obtained and they (criminals) didn't care about the gun laws in that state. The gun laws only affect the "law abiding citizens" and the more you put on these people, the more you help the criminals do their crimes without fear!
    Only a fraction were killed by guns or feloniously. For the statistics in 2009 it was 48.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Only a fraction were killed by guns or felonious. For the statistics in 2009 it was 48.
    Great website http://www.statemaster.com/state/NJ-...rsey/cri-crime

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Very useful site. I use DOJ.gov a lot too that's were I got my figures. Interesting is too that the majority of homicides are criminals killing criminals. The number of civilians and police is a very small percentage of our 15,000 homicides in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by AZkopper View Post
    Saying NJ is 'too big' and 'too populated' is disingenuous.
    I'd have used a term like "idiotic," but who's splitting hairs?

Kuduos to AZ for seeing the light of reason.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.