• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Refusal" DUI Checkpoints -- Tampa

JoeSparky

Centurion
The woman from MADD really doesn't care about our constitutional rights. What do you expect from someone who is Unfried?

MADD is probably just another organization that started off doing "some" good but found out that they can destroy our constitutional rights through scare tactics. I personally believe they are run by anti-Constitutionalists.

This may be very true, BUT I DON'T THINK THEY RECOGNIZE IT, YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mas49.56

I wonder if someone drove through the checkpoint ten times in an hour or so, and was stopped every time, would that be "unreasonable"? Harassment? If not I feel for the pizza delivery guy.

eye95

I wonder if someone drove through the checkpoint ten times in an hour or so, and was stopped every time, would that be "unreasonable"? Harassment? If not I feel for the pizza delivery guy.

Actually, that might (if lawful) be a good way to protest these checkpoints. Get about a hundred folks to drive in circles, repeatedly going through the checkpoints sober.

MK

I wonder if the police can keep the blood sample analyze the DNA and put it in a database though you've committed no crime but had your blood taken under suspicion of DUI.

I would hope that blood sample would be considered your lawful property.

Dreamer

I wonder if the police can keep the blood sample analyze the DNA and put it in a database though you've committed no crime but had your blood taken under suspicion of DUI.

Some have speculated that is the REAL reason behind these blood-sucking checkpoints...

Not in the USA...

If you were born after 2000 in a hospital in the US, your blood was alost CERTAINLY taken and put into DOD and CDC databases, and probably sold to private sector researchers as well.

IF you were born in a hospital in the US in the last 35 years in some states (and most military hospitals), your blood was put into a DNA database program sponsored by the DOD.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-s...s/lawsuit-alleges-dshs-sold-baby-dna-samples/

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-04/...ing-dna-samples-genetic-diseases?_s=PM:HEALTH

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/the-government-has-your-babys-dna/

And in some European countries they are adding the DNA of the children of criminals to national databases because they may have a "propensity to high risk behavior". Can you say "Minority Report", boys and girls?...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...file-seven-month-old-baby-added-register.html

Some of these "research companies" have actually filed for patent ownership on the DNA genomes of their blood samples, and when those people then have health problem as adults that require experimental genetic therapies, the "research companies" have tried to charge them a "users fee" or "licensing fee" because the COMPANY claims patent ownership of the person's DNA. Over 20 percent of the Human Genome is covered by privately-held patents. In other words, they literally OWN part of our genome now...

http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/infbrief/nsf02333/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/13/eveningnews/main5012149.shtml

http://blogs.kentlaw.edu/islat/2010...es-but-gene-patents-could-get-in-the-way.html

since9

Campaign Veteran

Even if such "suspicion" amounts to your having driven on a late Friday evening?

If they draw your blood, they have your DNA, and it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever under which auspices they draw it.

Your 4A rights have been violated 6 ways to Sunday.

eye95

...If they draw your blood, they have your DNA, and it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever under which auspices they draw it...

This statement seems to imply that when your blood is drawn for a blood-alcohol test, the DNA will be checked and stored. While this would be physically possible, unless you cite where this is being done or where such would be lawful, I will regard the above sentence as just so much blown smoke.

In order for them to "have your DNA" in any meaningful way, they will have to either store your blood or perform the lab work necessary to identify and record your DNA.

Since I am the only person that this poster has on ignore, feel free to jump in and provide cites for this poster to show that any State is actually extracting and recording DNA from blood samples taken for blood-alcohol tests that turned out not to be evidence of a violation of the law.

Nevada carrier

As well as any data, or documents and all copies made that have been derived from it.

Dreamer

Since I am the only person that this poster has on ignore, feel free to jump in and provide cites for this poster to show that any State is actually extracting and recording DNA from blood samples taken for blood-alcohol tests that turned out not to be evidence of a violation of the law.

They've been doing it for new births in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, an several other European nations for decades--no warrant, no reason, and without notification to the parents.

Do you REALLY think that if the State or Feds had the opportunity to collect blood from citizens for ANY reason that they would pass up the chance to sequence DNA and store that data? They don't need warrants for babies--do you REALLY think they need warrants or PC or even RAS to do it to adults who are being investigated for a DUI?

You give the government and the "health care industry" WAY too much ethical credit...

sudden valley gunner

They've been doing it for new births in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, an several other European nations for decades--no warrant, no reason, and without notification to the parents.

Do you REALLY think that if the State or Feds had the opportunity to collect blood from citizens for ANY reason that they would pass up the chance to sequence DNA and store that data? They don't need warrants for babies--do you REALLY think they need warrants or PC or even RAS to do it to adults who are being investigated for a DUI?

You give the government and the "health care industry" WAY too much ethical credit...

Come on Dreamer don't you know they have our best interests at heart? (sarcasm, for those couldn't detect it).

END_THE_FED

Bumper Sticker..
DAMM.. Drunks Against Mad Mothers
I hate DUIs and havo they visit upon innocents. But I also believe roadblocks to be unconstitutional. This is the craziest thing I've ever heard of! How about this, we issue a drinking lisc. Right now, no matter how many times you've been DUI you can still get all the alcohol you want as long as you're over twenty one. Everyone pays for your stupidity. This way only the drunk gets punished. And not just DUI but public drunk could have your drinking lisc taken away. We suspend the drivers lisc for DUI, does anyone believe the person is going to quit work quit going places? Of course not! We will pull him over again and again, towing his car each time, and now he can't even get ins. His driving is not the problem it's drinking while doing it. This way he can't buy alcohol or enter a bar without the lisc. Sure he can still get it brought to his house by friends or family but at least he's home and off the road. It's driving and acting like an ass while drunk that's the problem. This won't stop all of it but should reduce it by about 80% and will allow us to make the argument to leave the responsible people alone!

So you feel that roadblocks are a violation of your rights, and your solution to this is to require government-permission-slips for alcohol purchases?:banghead:

Last edited: