Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tanger outlet mall not open carry freindly

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

tanger outlet mall not open carry freindly

tanger outlet mall in the dells has posted no weapons signs this info came from the lake delton police dept. who met with tanger on the subject of open carry

http://www.tangeroutlet.com/company/contact
    here is the contact us page from the website lets let them know how we feel
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Any more specifics? Did the cops talk them into it?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

i dont know any more details a freind of mine is freinds with one of the cops in lake delton and that is all the info i have gotten so far
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

another place to boycott
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

We could also patronize a nearby business who does respect our rights. I talked to the couple that own Ponderossa and they wouldn't mind a group of us coming by to have supper some day. If enough people are interested I could start a thread.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    We could also patronize a nearby business who does respect our rights. I talked to the couple that own Ponderossa and they wouldn't mind a group of us coming by to have supper some day. If enough people are interested I could start a thread.
    That's nice of them ! I just live too far away from the Dells to make it. But Steak while carrying sounds tasty.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

here are the details as i know them this is a email from tanger to a freind of mine

Good Morning XXXX,

Sounds like I am thankful for all of you great white hunters out there! Tanger respects the right to open carry, however we did have an off duty officer visit the center with his firearm in holster, and the center was mayhem for over an hour. We had all of the stores lock their doors and all shoppers vacate the premise. With the past few years having shootings in malls, it has heightened our merchants awareness and the desire to keep their employees and shoppers safe. We would love to have your group visit and hope that it wouldn't be too much trouble to leave your firearms in your vehicles.

Thank you for your understanding and have a Happy New Year!

Heather Sweet
    General Manager
    hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 12-30-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    SCOTT

So she wants us there but doesn't want us there?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Id be interested in meeting at Ponderosa... they serve alcohol there i believe....Lets do it!

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    here are the details as i know them this is a email from tanger to a freind of mine

Good Morning XXXX,

Sounds like I am thankful for all of you great white hunters out there! Tanger respects the right to open carry, however we did have an off duty officer visit the center with his firearm in holster, and the center was mayhem for over an hour. We had all of the stores lock their doors and all shoppers vacate the premise. With the past few years having shootings in malls, it has heightened our merchants awareness and the desire to keep their employees and shoppers safe. We would love to have your group visit and hope that it wouldn't be too much trouble to leave your firearms in your vehicles.

Heather Sweet
    General Manager
    hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com
    I sent Heather a message outlining that since she only allows criminals to carry in her mall, I will not shop there.

JJC

Good Morning XXXX,

Heather Sweet
    General Manager
    hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com
    So a cop carrying a gun on hip in Wisconsin Dells caused their policy? The cop was only following Doylet's directive made in the Dells in 2006.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo.../43347632.html
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Id be interested in meeting at Ponderosa... they serve alcohol there i believe....Lets do it!
    No alcohol at this one. I think they may have had it before but not now.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Good Morning XXXX,

Heather Sweet
    General Manager
    hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com
    1. The General Manager respects your rights.
    2. An off duty copper is perceived to have caused a panic.
    So, we are not carrying under copper exemptions so we should be good to go!

Understand, this is a typical response; make restrictive policy that affects only innocent parties and not those truly responsible for the incident or overreaction to it. Next we will be evacuating malls on the observation of a box cutter, nail clipper or containers of liquid holding over a few ounces.

Well we are in luck because there are other places to shop.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    I carried there some time ago and no one panicked, they didn't lock down the mall, etc...

I have a feeling the story this Heather relates is fabricated. But she'd still love to have our money!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45 View Post
    I carried there some time ago and no one panicked, they didn't lock down the mall, etc...

I have a feeling the story this Heather relates is fabricated. But she'd still love to have our money!!
    I agree... I have oc'd there before as well... I have some friends that work at that mall, I can ask them.

I OC'ed there once, there was no mass hysteria that I remember. Didn't see any signs posted anywhere either, back in July of 2010 or maybe August.

the stuff about the lockdown and having all shoppers vacate the premise never happened.

My wife manages a store up there and I asked her about it and she looked at me like I had two heads.

Absolutely no idea what I was talking about, and even if she wasn't there that day, she damn sure would have heard about it.
    Last edited by SIGdude; 01-01-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Wow...if that is true the mall owners should be notified that she has falsely accused a police officer of causing a panic by displaying a firearm. Did the individual with the firearm that caused the lockdown identify themself as a police officer?
    Last edited by Flipper; 01-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    1. The General Manager respects your rights.
    2. An off duty copper is perceived to have caused a panic.
    So, we are not carrying under copper exemptions so we should be good to go!

Understand, this is a typical response; make restrictive policy that affects only innocent parties and not those truly responsible for the incident or overreaction to it. Next we will be evacuating malls on the observation of a box cutter, nail clipper or containers of liquid holding over a few ounces.
    I wouldn't pick nits with them, i would pick Sh88s with them. great white north, cute. off duty cops not my problem, but their rules are. their reaction to the incident expanded their problem, and solution(s), visit without the fundamental rights, no thanks, and we all shop elsewhere. frustrating that they cant see past their noses as merchants. the old mentality with a new candy coating still exists: Guns = bad, not presence of gun creates a reasonably safer zone. Their store, their loss, and the money they will lose.

the email is real and from the person it says it is from who is speaking for the mall wether they have a policy or not, there is a general manager saying firearms are not allowed and they told the local pd this so i will not press my luck i will not patronize them wether they have it posted or not and i will voice my opinion to her and any other personel i happen to cominicate to
    SCOTT

That does sound kinda fishy...was it a 'lockdown' or did the patrons 'vacate the premises' probably cant do both.

Tanger Outlets is a company based out of NC, started by Stanley Tanger in 1981. Control of the company was transferred to his son, Steven Tanger in January 2010.

You would think that this company would be all for citizen's right to self-defense, considering the Tanger family's ethnic and religious background. I will never understand how any self-respecting Jewish person can be against the RKBA. Such an attitude flies in the face of Talmudic law, not to mention being a disgrace to the memory of the millions of disarmed Jews who were slaughtered in the Holocaust.

Whatever happened to "Never Again"?...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I sent a (rather long) email to her, & will write a paper letter to the CEO later today.
    And the next time I'm in the Dells, I won't shop there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Are signs posted? No People allowed to protect them selves? (No Guns) We at Tan anger accept full responsibility for safety between our facility and your vehicle . My wife and I were robbed in 2005, (house invasion, two armed felons), five miles from there. I will share this story later this weekend.
    For what it is worth, this will not happen twice?????

Theo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast