• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tanger outlet mall not open carry freindly

oliverclotheshoff

i dont know any more details a freind of mine is freinds with one of the cops in lake delton and that is all the info i have gotten so far

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
We could also patronize a nearby business who does respect our rights. I talked to the couple that own Ponderossa and they wouldn't mind a group of us coming by to have supper some day. If enough people are interested I could start a thread.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
We could also patronize a nearby business who does respect our rights. I talked to the couple that own Ponderossa and they wouldn't mind a group of us coming by to have supper some day. If enough people are interested I could start a thread.

That's nice of them ! I just live too far away from the Dells to make it. But Steak while carrying sounds tasty.

oliverclotheshoff

here are the details as i know them this is a email from tanger to a freind of mine

Good Morning XXXX,

Sounds like I am thankful for all of you great white hunters out there! Tanger respects the right to open carry, however we did have an off duty officer visit the center with his firearm in holster, and the center was mayhem for over an hour. We had all of the stores lock their doors and all shoppers vacate the premise. With the past few years having shootings in malls, it has heightened our merchants awareness and the desire to keep their employees and shoppers safe. We would love to have your group visit and hope that it wouldn't be too much trouble to leave your firearms in your vehicles.

Thank you for your understanding and have a Happy New Year!

Heather Sweet
General Manager
hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com

Last edited:

JJC

here are the details as i know them this is a email from tanger to a freind of mine

Good Morning XXXX,

Sounds like I am thankful for all of you great white hunters out there! Tanger respects the right to open carry, however we did have an off duty officer visit the center with his firearm in holster, and the center was mayhem for over an hour. We had all of the stores lock their doors and all shoppers vacate the premise. With the past few years having shootings in malls, it has heightened our merchants awareness and the desire to keep their employees and shoppers safe. We would love to have your group visit and hope that it wouldn't be too much trouble to leave your firearms in your vehicles.

Heather Sweet
General Manager
hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com

I sent Heather a message outlining that since she only allows criminals to carry in her mall, I will not shop there.

JJC

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

Good Morning XXXX,

Heather Sweet
General Manager
hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com

So a cop carrying a gun on hip in Wisconsin Dells caused their policy? The cop was only following Doylet's directive made in the Dells in 2006. :)

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/43347632.html

lockman

State Researcher

Good Morning XXXX,

Heather Sweet
General Manager
hfsweet@tangeroutlet.com

1. The General Manager respects your rights.
2. An off duty copper is perceived to have caused a panic.
So, we are not carrying under copper exemptions so we should be good to go! :)

Understand, this is a typical response; make restrictive policy that affects only innocent parties and not those truly responsible for the incident or overreaction to it. Next we will be evacuating malls on the observation of a box cutter, nail clipper or containers of liquid holding over a few ounces.

Mlutz

I carried there some time ago and no one panicked, they didn't lock down the mall, etc...

I have a feeling the story this Heather relates is fabricated. But she'd still love to have our money!!

I agree... I have oc'd there before as well... I have some friends that work at that mall, I can ask them.

SIGdude

the stuff about the lockdown and having all shoppers vacate the premise never happened.

My wife manages a store up there and I asked her about it and she looked at me like I had two heads.

Absolutely no idea what I was talking about, and even if she wasn't there that day, she damn sure would have heard about it.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Wow...if that is true the mall owners should be notified that she has falsely accused a police officer of causing a panic by displaying a firearm. Did the individual with the firearm that caused the lockdown identify themself as a police officer?

Last edited:
M

McX

1. The General Manager respects your rights.
2. An off duty copper is perceived to have caused a panic.
So, we are not carrying under copper exemptions so we should be good to go! :)

Understand, this is a typical response; make restrictive policy that affects only innocent parties and not those truly responsible for the incident or overreaction to it. Next we will be evacuating malls on the observation of a box cutter, nail clipper or containers of liquid holding over a few ounces.

I wouldn't pick nits with them, i would pick Sh88s with them. great white north, cute. off duty cops not my problem, but their rules are. their reaction to the incident expanded their problem, and solution(s), visit without the fundamental rights, no thanks, and we all shop elsewhere. frustrating that they cant see past their noses as merchants. the old mentality with a new candy coating still exists: Guns = bad, not presence of gun creates a reasonably safer zone. Their store, their loss, and the money they will lose.