Thread: How do you keep track of ammo and other gun accessories in your vehicle?

How do you keep track of ammo and other gun accessories in your vehicle?

A recent post regarding firearm magazines "working their way to the far corner" of one's vehicle made me think. How many out there have had this happen. I've always been careful to make sure that the "essentials" aren't just left on the seat or on the floorboards where they mingle with everything else that is subject to gravity.

I recently purchased one of these to "corral" magazines for my carbine and extra magazines for my pistol (the basic two reloads are always on my belt). Only $38 at Amazon.Com including tax and shipping. Made by UTG.

Makes a nice "grab and go" bag for either a trip to the range or something more sinister. Whether sitting on the seat, on the floor boards, or trunk, it keeps the magazines together, easily accessed, and most importantly, clean. Outside pockets for 4 30 round mags (AR) and two pistol mags. Inside room for many more or even "bulk" ammo.

Anyone else have something like this?

Another method?

Ideas and pictures would be great.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I thought everybody kept their bags packed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I thought everybody kept their bags packed.
    Some just more "packed" than others.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Nice bag.

I have seen similar ones in Black and Desert Sand

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    That's a very nice bag. I carry an old ratty cordera bag stuffed with my ammo, magazines, handguns, muffs etc.

Long guns have their own appropriate carry bags, some with magazine pockets.

I like what you found though!
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    Nice bag.

I have seen similar ones in Black and Desert Sand
    I actually got the black one. I just used the stock picture from their distributor's site.

n15wb-

I have one of those carry bags for my M-4 but it's impractical to use it for an ammo carrier when I'm carrying the rifle. I can grab this bag separately and have a "pant load" of ammo available without the rest of the floppy, empty, carrier. Those "drag bags" are good for storing a rifle behind a seat or carrying them into a range.

My "First Aid Kit"

OOPS the 1911 is my OLD 45acp not the 38 super
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 12-31-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Wrong gun picture

Centurion
    No pic to share but I have a smaller pelican type case that is JUST perfect for holding 10 AR mags securely and cleanly at the same time. I've did discover that it is easier to remove the first mag if they are alternated one curved down next curve up. ect. I do like having a grab box of 300 rounds .223 ammo loaded for ANY eventuality!

I either keep them on my person or duct tape them to my forehead. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    +1 (where is 1245A...he has a pic)
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    Yep. Although, I prefer velcro to duct tape. The duct tape pulls too many hairs out.