• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you keep track of ammo and other gun accessories in your vehicle?

amlevin

A recent post regarding firearm magazines "working their way to the far corner" of one's vehicle made me think. How many out there have had this happen. I've always been careful to make sure that the "essentials" aren't just left on the seat or on the floorboards where they mingle with everything else that is subject to gravity.

I recently purchased one of these to "corral" magazines for my carbine and extra magazines for my pistol (the basic two reloads are always on my belt). Only $38 at Amazon.Com including tax and shipping. Made by UTG.

51oL9fSajBL._AA300_.jpg

Makes a nice "grab and go" bag for either a trip to the range or something more sinister. Whether sitting on the seat, on the floor boards, or trunk, it keeps the magazines together, easily accessed, and most importantly, clean. Outside pockets for 4 30 round mags (AR) and two pistol mags. Inside room for many more or even "bulk" ammo.

Anyone else have something like this?

Another method?

Ideas and pictures would be great.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
That's a very nice bag. I carry an old ratty cordera bag stuffed with my ammo, magazines, handguns, muffs etc.

Long guns have their own appropriate carry bags, some with magazine pockets.

I like what you found though!

amlevin

Nice bag.

I have seen similar ones in Black and Desert Sand

I actually got the black one. I just used the stock picture from their distributor's site.

n15wb-

I have one of those carry bags for my M-4 but it's impractical to use it for an ammo carrier when I'm carrying the rifle. I can grab this bag separately and have a "pant load" of ammo available without the rest of the floppy, empty, carrier. Those "drag bags" are good for storing a rifle behind a seat or carrying them into a range.

Trigger Dr

My "First Aid Kit"

007.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

OOPS the 1911 is my OLD 45acp not the 38 super

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
No pic to share but I have a smaller pelican type case that is JUST perfect for holding 10 AR mags securely and cleanly at the same time. I've did discover that it is easier to remove the first mag if they are alternated one curved down next curve up. ect. I do like having a grab box of 300 rounds .223 ammo loaded for ANY eventuality!