• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Anyone else think we're loosing too much of our privacy?

amlevin

outdoor-urinal.jpg

Doesn't every one know that those "private" facilities are just too prone to misuse by druggies and prostitutes. No worries here.

The gal on the right is probably thinking "Now just how is that going to help ME?"

Last edited:

carracer

So, would this be considered Open Carry or Concealed? Would hate to have to surrender my weapon for officer safety! No discussion about being too small for self defense is necessary.

oneeyeross

Eh, heck, in Germany we just used the sides of the buildings if needed. Back to public and all.

In France that would be referred to as a "pissoir" I believe, although most of the ones I remember in France had a rudimentary screen around them for a pretense of privacy.

Most Europeans (at least from my experiences living in Germany) think Americans are prudes, but boorish prudes. We don't like using a pissoir, but think public intoxication is ok. Go figure.

(When the US was celebrating the bicentennial, Friedberg, Hesse, where I was stationed, was celebrating it 2000 year anniversary. Puts things in perspective a bit).