You should first talk with your state senator & assembly representative.
I have not seen who are the chairs of the senate and assembly committees where firearm issues will be assigned to. Committee chairs have a HUGH influence on what & when items get scheduled for hearings.
If possible, meeting with Senate and Assembly leadership would be of a benefit.
Senate Republican Leadership
• Majority Leader*– Scott Fitzgerald, R-Juneau
• Assistant Majority Leader – Glenn Grothman, R-West Bend
• Senate President* – Mike Ellis, R-Neenah
• President Pro Tempore – Joe Leibham, R-Sheboygan
• Caucus Chair – Dan Kapanke, R-La Crosse
• Assistant Caucus Chair – Sheila Harsdorf, R-River Falls
Assembly Republican Leadership
• Speaker* – Jeff Fitzgerald, R-Horicon
• Speaker Pro Tempore – Bill Kramer, R-Waukesha
• Majority Leader – Scott Suder, R-Abbotsford
• Assistant Majority Leader – Dan Knodl, R-Germantown
• Caucus Chair – Scott Gunderson, R-Waterford
• Assistant Caucus Chair – John Murtha, R-Baldwin
Gunderson has been appointed to a DNR post - good news, look for some big changes in the DNR's attitude toward firearm owners.
For anyone so inclined, here is a chance to learn about the legislative process and how to do advocacy.