Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC group in Springfield,MO

OC group in Springfield,MO

Does anyone know if there's an open carry group in Springfield,MO? If so, I'd like information to contact them. Thanks

As far as I know I've never seen any meet ups for springfield on here.

Might be time for you to organize one

I don't know of a formal group per se, but there have been some open carry meets in Springfield during the year. Most of them have been started by goalsetter88. I think most of the time he posts over on Missouri carry about it though.

His computer is down, so looks like you're nominated! If you set a time and date I'm good to go. The last few times we met at Golden Corral on north KS expwy. No one seemed to mind the open display of firearms.

I am always up for it, especially if there is food onvolved!!

I'm in Joplin, so i'd be up for it.

Count me in

I am also in Joplin and would definitely be interested.

Hey Phill! Good to see you on here. I've been browsing these forums a lot, tons of great info.

Ok, well let's set something up. How is Friday, January 14th evening? Someone recommend a good place to eat and we will go for it.

Darn, i'm in St Louis that weekend. Don't let that stop you if it works out though, i'm just a new guy!

I'm not recommending Golden Corral, but we have had some open carry meets there, and had no issues as far as complaints about firearms, etc.. I have heard that Ryans is also good for OC meets, but I have never OC'ed there or know anyone who has OC'ed there.

I have OC'ed in about every buffet in town. If its not posted, I OC. There are very few places that are actually posted as most of them use common sense. In the rare instance I do come across a victim disarmament zone, I move on.

Schooter: I have OC'ed at Ryan's her in Independence,Mo many times and never get a second look. I've even set next to police officers and they never said a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    Schooter: I have OC'ed at Ryan's her in Independence,Mo many times and never get a second look. I've even set next to police officers and they never said a word.
    Well then, I say lets invade Ryans at our earliest convenience!

Always glad to meet fellow armed citizens

Hey guys..I'm new to open carry and would like to get to a meet-and-greet and learn all about it. I drive a truck over the road and I'm in and out of town with no set time home. I'm leaving in A.M. and not sure when I'll be home next. When I do get home, I'll get on here and see if it's a good time to get together. In the mean time, you all keep up the good work and have a good time at the get together. thanks. Steve

first day on this forum, i would like to see a meeting in joplin or springfield also.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsnfish View Post
    first day on this forum, i would like to see a meeting in joplin or springfield also.
    Welcome! Looks like we have three newbies to the forum from Joplin.

So is there a planned meet up for 'Friday, January 14th evening' as previously mentioned? If so what time and what location?

i could do the 14th, name the place and time

New to the forum living in joplin/webb city Like to attend a meeting in the near future

Well there's only a couple of responses for January 14th. It may be a small group but I'm up for it. I called a few offline OCer's who may attend as well..

Can anyone else confirm tomorrow January 14th, 2011 @ 6pm? Ryans and Golden Corral have been mentioned. If no other suggestions, I'll flip a coin..

lets say ryans, are we talkin about the one in joplin on the 14th at 6pm?

I wont be able to make it at that time. Have to pick up the wife from work at 1900

I thought it would be Springfield? I couldn't make it to Joplin, but if there's several of you that wanna meet up in Joplin that's good too. I'll catch the next one in Springfield.

Oh yeah, this thread does say Springfield. The Joplin guys hijacked it!

hey stevebowhunts, as to your question, no there isnt an offical group. i done some meets in the middle of last year. but i been busy lately. and its been kinda a hit or miss on turn outs. some times we have around 8 people confirm that they be there and atleast 5 show up,which isnt bad. but then other times we have about the same amount of confirmations and only 1 person shows up. then its a bit disapointing.

i lately just got with a few guys and just kinda text/called and went out and ate with them instead of trying to get everything sorted on here. i probably suggest doing that. or atleast give yourself 2 to 3 weeks before the time you want to do the activity at. b/c it seems to take a while to come on an agreement on where to eat etc.

i send you a private message with my number and if you want, you can text/call me back and i let you know the next time i getting with another OC freind of mine to eat, and you be more then welcome to join in. this offer open to anyone, if someone else wants to join in. just send me a private message.

also. i have a facebook page i kinda listed the IDPA matchs i go to and when i do have a meet. www.opencarryinmo.com(hasnt been much going on my facebook page lately,my computers been down, today been the first day i even been back on the internet, besides when i on my phone, which i cant really do much typing with my phone) but i also post it on here and i might also post it on missouricarry.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast