• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC group in Springfield,MO

Big Boy

As far as I know I've never seen any meet ups for springfield on here.

Might be time for you to organize one :)

Shooter64738

I don't know of a formal group per se, but there have been some open carry meets in Springfield during the year. Most of them have been started by goalsetter88. I think most of the time he posts over on Missouri carry about it though.

His computer is down, so looks like you're nominated!:D If you set a time and date I'm good to go. The last few times we met at Golden Corral on north KS expwy. No one seemed to mind the open display of firearms.

EyeHog

Hey Phill! Good to see you on here. I've been browsing these forums a lot, tons of great info.

HYRYSC

Ok, well let's set something up. How is Friday, January 14th evening? Someone recommend a good place to eat and we will go for it.

EyeHog

Darn, i'm in St Louis that weekend. Don't let that stop you if it works out though, i'm just a new guy!

Shooter64738

I'm not recommending Golden Corral, but we have had some open carry meets there, and had no issues as far as complaints about firearms, etc.. I have heard that Ryans is also good for OC meets, but I have never OC'ed there or know anyone who has OC'ed there.

HYRYSC

I have OC'ed in about every buffet in town. If its not posted, I OC. There are very few places that are actually posted as most of them use common sense. In the rare instance I do come across a victim disarmament zone, I move on.

stevebowhunts

Always glad to meet fellow armed citizens

Hey guys..I'm new to open carry and would like to get to a meet-and-greet and learn all about it. I drive a truck over the road and I'm in and out of town with no set time home. I'm leaving in A.M. and not sure when I'll be home next. When I do get home, I'll get on here and see if it's a good time to get together. In the mean time, you all keep up the good work and have a good time at the get together. thanks. Steve

Shooter64738

So is there a planned meet up for 'Friday, January 14th evening' as previously mentioned? If so what time and what location?

Shooter64738

Well there's only a couple of responses for January 14th. It may be a small group but I'm up for it. I called a few offline OCer's who may attend as well..

Can anyone else confirm tomorrow January 14th, 2011 @ 6pm? Ryans and Golden Corral have been mentioned. If no other suggestions, I'll flip a coin..