• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cary Chic Fil A is now posted

Smith45acp

I was a little surprised to walk into the Cary Chic Fil A recently and find freshly applied ghostbuster stickers at the entrances.

I wasn't carrying, so I continued inside and spoke with the manager. He explained that the owner put these signs up the day after the last meetup at this location. The reason? Unwanted attention drawn by the media who were invited to this meetup. I don't know who made those calls, or why they thought putting this kind of pressure and attention on a historically gun friendly establishment (I've been eating / carrying there for YEARS).

Not everyone wants to be the next Starbucks, garnering nationwide attention for what is always construed as a pro-gun agenda instead of the more realistic agenda of trusting its patrons and respecting the local laws.

I very politely explained how disappointed I was that I would no longer be welcome, and the manager (as is usual with any Chic Fil A staff) was very understanding of my concerns and even said he wouldn't mind if I continued to come in, with my firearm, to eat. I thanked him for recognizing my tenure as a faithful customer, but explained I would be breaking the law by walking through a posted entrance even if it was ok with him. He promised to pass my comments to the owner.

I realize this falls on what I consider a poor judgment call of one OC'er, but let this be a lesson to us all how such a simple thing can close doors for us all.

Carry on and be safe,

Smith

Sc0tt

I really hated to hear the line "to provoke inquiry". How many actually showed up that day to eat there.

It's very sad that they posted it because of the media being called. I hope that doesn't spread to the others.

35 thats impressive! Calling the media is never good they always have an agenda, when as for us, we are usually just hungry.

mekender

I was a little surprised to walk into the Cary Chic Fil A recently and find freshly applied ghostbuster stickers at the entrances.

I wasn't carrying, so I continued inside and spoke with the manager. He explained that the owner put these signs up the day after the last meetup at this location. The reason? Unwanted attention drawn by the media who were invited to this meetup. I don't know who made those calls, or why they thought putting this kind of pressure and attention on a historically gun friendly establishment (I've been eating / carrying there for YEARS).

Not everyone wants to be the next Starbucks, garnering nationwide attention for what is always construed as a pro-gun agenda instead of the more realistic agenda of trusting its patrons and respecting the local laws.

I very politely explained how disappointed I was that I would no longer be welcome, and the manager (as is usual with any Chic Fil A staff) was very understanding of my concerns and even said he wouldn't mind if I continued to come in, with my firearm, to eat. I thanked him for recognizing my tenure as a faithful customer, but explained I would be breaking the law by walking through a posted entrance even if it was ok with him. He promised to pass my comments to the owner.

I realize this falls on what I consider a poor judgment call of one OC'er, but let this be a lesson to us all how such a simple thing can close doors for us all.

Carry on and be safe,

Smith

Horseshit...

Unwanted attention that your business allows legal activities would make you ban such activity = you arent worth spending my money on.

Dreamer

Any company that would consider media attention for allowing people to exercise fundamental human rights on their property to be "bad for business" is working on a FUBAR business model, and not deserving of support.

Chik-Fil-A, we know you're full of bull, even if you don't sell it in your restaurants...

M

mattwestm

Any company that would consider media attention for allowing people to exercise fundamental human rights on their property to be "bad for business" is working on a FUBAR business model, and not deserving of support.

Chik-Fil-A, we know you're full of bull, even if you don't sell it in your restaurants...

LOL. The employees there are trained to be*too* polite. But I must admit, for a restaurant that is supposed to specialize in chicken, they are pretty bad at it. I can cook up some pretty decent chicken strips or sandwiches at home. I've never been a fan of fastfood anyways...

Smith45acp

Horseshit...

Unwanted attention that your business allows legal activities would make you ban such activity = you arent worth spending my money on.

If I owned a business I would want everyone and their brother to know that I supported our constitution to the letter.

BUT, have you not seen the flak that Starbucks received over this? They were being interviewed on national tv for months after being "exposed" for siding with the law. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I do think it's unfair to put this pressure on a business.

For me a business is doing plenty enough to welcome me in their doors while OC'ing. Plenty of others do not.

And you have to be more realistic mekender. The media isn't going to describe this as you or I would: "attention that your business allows legal activities". That was clearly not the case with Starbucks. They spin it and all of a sudden you're labeled as "pro-cowboys-with-guns". This isn't my subjective opinion it's an objective fact!

While we all have opinions on how things would be different in a perfect world, we have to be REALISTIC in our expectations given the world we live in.

jag06

The past couple semesters of school, I have sat with a guy whose dad owns a Chic Fil A Franchise in Greensboro. Talking with him a lot over the semester, he talked about getting a CCW, picking a gun. I asked him what corporates policy was on carrying, he said there is no official policy, however they have been working on a no carry policy for several years. Right now they cant enforce it so they dont have one, but they are working with their lawyers on coming up with one.

Its sad that the franchise owner of this one did this after the meet up. Hopefully he will change his mind.