Thread: Changing their mind

Changing their mind

We live in Floyd County and my wife works at a convenience store and sometimes has to close the store after 9 p.m. On one such night, she called to say a car with North Carolina plates and four young male occupants had circled the lot of the center where only her store and a restaurant were still open and that the car would cut off its lights whenever it entered the parking lot but would still circle the lot.

She called 911 and was advised the county's only on-duty deputy that night was at the other end of he county, at least 45 minutes away, on a domestic call. So she called me. I was in the garage working on my Harley and we live five miles from the store to I buttoned up the bike, strapped on my holster with my Glock 17 and took a quick run down to the store. Sure enough, a red Nissan with four young males in it sat outside her store.

A few weeks earlier, a car with North Carolina plates and four young men and shortuns held up a convenience stores in another part of the county. I pulled up beside the car and parked the bike, sitting on it with my right leg and the holstered Glock in plain view. It took them about 15 seconds to start the car and leave the lot. I decided to follow and they slowed at the local Food Lion before continuing down U.S. 221 to Carrolll County. I called 911 from there and a county car picked them up for speeding as they entered Hillsville. A search of the car found four loaded weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by dougthompson View Post
    We live in Floyd County and my wife works at a convenience store and sometimes has to close the store after 9 p.m. On one such night, she called to say a car with North Carolina plates and four young male occupants had circled the lot of the center where only her store and a restaurant were still open and that the car would cut off its lights whenever it entered the parking lot but would still circle the lot.

She called 911 and was advised the county's only on-duty deputy that night was at the other end of he county, at least 45 minutes away, on a domestic call. So she called me. I was in the garage working on my Harley and we live five miles from the store to I buttoned up the bike, strapped on my holster with my Glock 17 and took a quick run down to the store. Sure enough, a red Nissan with four young males in it sat outside her store.

A few weeks earlier, a car with North Carolina plates and four young men and shortuns held up a convenience stores in another part of the county. I pulled up beside the car and parked the bike, sitting on it with my right leg and the holstered Glock in plain view. It took them about 15 seconds to start the car and leave the lot. I decided to follow and they slowed at the local Food Lion before continuing down U.S. 221 to Carrolll County. I called 911 from there and a county car picked them up for speeding as they entered Hillsville. A search of the car found four loaded weapons.
    Nice that they left. 4:1 are not good odds.

Fair odds that they will get nailed for the other C store robberies.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)