Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Agency" means a general authority Washington law enforcement agency as defined in RCW 10.93.020.
(2) "Association" means the Washington association of sheriffs and police chiefs.
(3) "Family or household members" means spouses, former spouses, persons who have a child in common regardless of whether they have been married or have lived together at any time, adult persons related by blood or marriage, adult persons who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past, persons sixteen years of age or older who are presently residing together or who have resided together in the past and who have or have had a dating relationship, persons sixteen years of age or older with whom a person sixteen years of age or older has or has had a dating relationship, and persons who have a biological or legal parent-child relationship, including stepparents and stepchildren and grandparents and grandchildren.
(4) "Dating relationship" has the same meaning as in RCW 26.50.010.
(5) "Domestic violence" includes but is not limited to any of the following crimes when committed by one family or household member against another:
(a) Assault in the first degree (RCW 9A.36.011);
(b) Assault in the second degree (RCW 9A.36.021);
(c) Assault in the third degree (RCW 9A.36.031);
(d) Assault in the fourth degree (RCW 9A.36.041);