• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New place for Jan Open Carry Dinner

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I love Sibleys, but ....

Yeah, there is always that "but".

Parking is almost non-existent. There is not enough room (usually) to get a group of 8, let alone the numbers good BBQ might bring out. It's too far South for the folks who hate driving outside Chippenham Parkway/288. (OK, it's not really that far outside 288.)

That's the problem of being popular - we can get too many folks for the good/great places to be able to accommodate us.

That being said, I think it would be worth the effort to try having a dinner there just to see if we could pull it off.

stay safe.

All American Nightmare

I love Sibleys, but ....

Yeah, there is always that "but".

Parking is almost non-existent. There is not enough room (usually) to get a group of 8, let alone the numbers good BBQ might bring out. It's too far South for the folks who hate driving outside Chippenham Parkway/288. (OK, it's not really that far outside 288.)

That's the problem of being popular - we can get too many folks for the good/great places to be able to accommodate us.

That being said, I think it would be worth the effort to try having a dinner there just to see if we could pull it off.

stay safe.
Who are you trying to convince Peter or Paul? When I posted the thread all that crossed my mind. I figured what the hell let's give it a try.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I love Sibleys, but ....

I believe I said that. *checks above, re-reads post, looks again just to be sure*

Yep! I said it.

stay safe.