• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New place for Jan Open Carry Dinner

All American Nightmare

I believe I said that. *checks above, re-reads post, looks again just to be sure*

Yep! I said it.

stay safe.

I love Sibleys, but ....

Yeah, there is always that "but".

Parking is almost non-existent. There is not enough room (usually) to get a group of 8, let alone the numbers good BBQ might bring out. It's too far South for the folks who hate driving outside Chippenham Parkway/288. (OK, it's not really that far outside 288.)

That's the problem of being popular - we can get too many folks for the good/great places to be able to accommodate us.

That being said, I think it would be worth the effort to try having a dinner there just to see if we could pull it off.

stay safe.

Why don't we do this on 2/8 at 7 pm for our February OC dinner, but I agree with a lot of Skidmarks concerns.
We have the rubber stamp:banana:The place is twice the size of Traks as a matter of fact they have the whole parking lot and the building.

sidestreet

I'm willing to give Sibley's a try...,

and it looks like they've got room for me to park. BBQ GOOD!!!

Actually, I don't recall exactly where I heard it, but I could almost swear that I heard Quaker Steak and TGI's are both no guns allowed. Help me out on this either way.

In any case, I'm gonna try to make Pino's next Tuesday night.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

All American Nightmare

TGI's has a "no weapons" policy. No knowing this we had an OC dinner a few years back at the one on 360 in Chesterfield. We about gave the manager a heart attack. It was priceless!
I know dave and busters is were Henrico schooled me. Peter said give some choices so I thought I would stack the deck. Both places are founding members of the brady bunch.

curtiswr

Tuesday is all you can eat wing night at Quaker Steak BUT (there it is again) they do tack on a gratuity because of the fact that some people come in and sit for hours on end watching sports and chomping on wings and not giving up their table.

I know that was a problem for some at Logan's.