• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOC is actually LEGAL!

NHCGRPR45

Not directed at you personally Dougwg... but I believe this needs to be said.

As with everything there is a time and a place... and, although this is just my opinion, an internet forum open to the world and closely watched by LE and other agencies/councils/organizations doesn't seem to be the place for "busting your buddy's balls" since not everyone is in on what is essentially a private joke.

Whether folks care or not..... this forum presents an image to the world, LE and all those other agencies/councils/organizations. An image that could represent knowledge, responsibility, and maturity... or it could present the image of a bunch of goof offs "busting their buddy's balls".

And I'll go further... I am becoming increasingly annoyed with all the pissy negative comments and the personal feuds/insults being aired within what is supposed to be a media dedicated to OC. Got negative comments or insults for one individual? Take it to PM and hash it out in private because seeing that crap here is the same as listening to the neighbor couple arguing and trading insults... they both come out sounding like idiots.

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah, I am a little new to the whole scene, but am also HIGHLY trained in how to carry and/or not carry a gun (hence being AD USAF). I posted in the CA forum because I noticed that in CA they can ONLY carry unloaded with mags separate, and getting a CCW is VERY VERY hard to get by kicking, screaming, and a little bit of "X-Rated" activities...

I do highly apologize for making this a big scene - I just wanted to pass on some info I happened to come across... and yes, I USED to live here in Michigan for 20 years, so I have been around the blocks a few times...

You have guns in the Air Force?:p

TheSzerdi

Haman J.T.

Not directed at you personally Dougwg... but I believe this needs to be said.

As with everything there is a time and a place... and, although this is just my opinion, an internet forum open to the world and closely watched by LE and other agencies/councils/organizations doesn't seem to be the place for "busting your buddy's balls" since not everyone is in on what is essentially a private joke.

Whether folks care or not..... this forum presents an image to the world, LE and all those other agencies/councils/organizations. An image that could represent knowledge, responsibility, and maturity... or it could present the image of a bunch of goof offs "busting their buddy's balls".

And I'll go further... I am becoming increasingly annoyed with all the pissy negative comments and the personal feuds/insults being aired within what is supposed to be a media dedicated to OC. Got negative comments or insults for one individual? Take it to PM and hash it out in private because seeing that crap here is the same as listening to the neighbor couple arguing and trading insults... they both come out sounding like idiots.
Don't forget! ANYTHING YOU SAY OR WRITE CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU(AND US)!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Don't forget! ANYTHING YOU SAY OR WRITE CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU(AND US)!

Well in the OP's defense, we rarely say in our posts that our handguns are loaded... we just assume that they are. His reality is that OC requires they be carried empty... he assumes they aren't loaded. His surprise when he came here was probably much like mine when I discovered, while I was in California visiting my brother, that OC requires it be empty. Glad I live in Michigan versus California.

kubel

"An armed society is a polite society."

In this thread, it's more like...

"An armed society acts like total doucebags to people that know less than them."

Let's be civil and courteous. Give the OP a break. Shame on those that snapped at him.

To the OP: It is legal to open carry a loaded firearm, just be careful when doing anything that will conceal it (in Michigan, getting into a car with a gun, even if it's openly holstered, is considered concealment). Many of us have our concealed pistol license, so we can open carry without fear of accidentally concealing. There are few if any threads where Michiganders talk about carrying loaded (since we all do it and take it for granted), so it's no surprise that this is something new to people from out of state.

There is a lot to know about open carry. I'm just glad you're with us! Carry on!

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Well in the OP's defense, we rarely say in our posts that our handguns are loaded... we just assume that they are. His reality is that OC requires they be carried empty... he assumes they aren't loaded. His surprise when he came here was probably much like mine when I discovered, while I was in California visiting my brother, that OC requires it be empty. Glad I live in Michigan versus California.
I understood the OP perfectly,even though it took a second to understand what he was talking about,no problem! My statement stands for those who jump on others for any imperfection whatsoever! You know,the "Perfect People"!They sound like anti's trying to talk gun trash and trolls!I sometimes wonder which they are! HMMMMMM!

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
I understood the OP perfectly,even though it took a second to understand what he was talking about,no problem! My statement stands for those who jump on others for any imperfection whatsoever! You know,the "Perfect People"!They sound like anti's trying to talk gun trash and trolls!I sometimes wonder which they are! HMMMMMM!
Hey Jeff,

You know...using the words "Anti" and "Troll" is insulting. You (and others) are doing exactly what you're admonishing other for doing.

Most of the people here are very pro 2A and to call them an Anti is the highest form of insult.

Be careful where you point that insult.

Haman J.T.

Hey Jeff,

You know...using the words "Anti" and "Troll" is insulting. You (and others) are doing exactly what you're admonishing other for doing.

Most of the people here are very pro 2A and to call them an Anti is the highest form of insult.

Be careful where you point that insult.
Thats in regard to people fighting like children and acting like anti's and trolls,which has caused many,possibly even you,to tell them to take it to PM.Notice I didn't attach any names.It was a general statement as to what goes on here too often and was not written to be offensive to anyone,only to be educational.Re-read it.I didn't insult anyone.Chill Bro!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Thats in regard to people fighting like children and acting like anti's and trolls,which has caused many,possibly even you,to tell them to take it to PM.Notice I didn't attach any names.It was a general statement as to what goes on here too often and was not written to be offensive to anyone,only to be educational.Re-read it.I didn't insult anyone.Chill Bro!

And here I thought you were referring to ME! :eek:

Haman J.T.

And here I thought you were referring to ME! :eek:
I just happened to click quote on your post but forgot to make it known to you that my remarks had nothing to do with you.I was in a hurry to add my 2cents to the discussion.I thought you would figure I wasn't talking about you since you always make wise and thoughtfull statements of fact and your opinion is always likewise. Having had no writting classes 35 years ago and not much writting practice during 30 years on the line,I can understand being misunderstood,in print anyway!CARRY ON DOC!

NHCGRPR45

Assumption is the absolute mother of all F*** ups!:uhoh:

Hence Murphy'S best friend.:eek:

Last edited: