• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 26 Gen 4?

Dieselcrawler

I just bought one... I assume it is a gen 4, it was brand new from the local shop... Glock 26, with 2 mags, tax and all was $572.

Nice gun, I like it... grip is a tad short, but I like it... fits my smaller hands fine. I like that the 17 round mags from my Glock 17 fit right in, just stick out the bottom of the grip farther... I have had it with me every day since I got it...

emtechnik

Just a few days ago I almost went with a glock 26, but I chose to spend an extra $50 and buy the S&W M&P9c. It's pretty much the same size, but the difference between the two is that the M&P has an ambidexrous slide & mag release, (which is a big deal for southpaws like me) and interchangeable backstraps for different-sized hands. The final thing that sealed the deal for me was the tactical rail, which is something glocks don't have. I also haven't heard about major reliability issues with that model. The glock 26 is a good gun, don't get me wrong, but I recommend spending the extra $50 on something that I've found is superior.

Also, I haven't shot the glock 26, but I have shot the larger glock 19, and find that the recoil is much lower in the S&W than the glock.

I'm sure you will be very pleased however in whichever gun you choose!