Thread: So Its Snowmobile Season...

So Its Snowmobile Season...

Whos out there riding? I hope to be soon...

Quick question. I know you need a CWP to drive a vehicle down the road, and be loaded and or concealed. NOW..if on a snowmobile, not on a town, or state road, does this rule still apply? The pistol will (Maybe..depending on what you wear..) visible, so its OC. But because your on a motor driven vehicle, is it illegal?

Just something I thought up the other day...Never know when ya might come upon someone out to do you harm, that or the occasional rouge animal..

Quote Originally Posted by WantsToCarry View Post
    Whos out there riding? I hope to be soon...

Quick question. I know you need a CWP to drive a vehicle down the road, and be loaded and or concealed. NOW..if on a snowmobile, not on a town, or state road, does this rule still apply? The pistol will (Maybe..depending on what you wear..) visible, so its OC. But because your on a motor driven vehicle, is it illegal?

Just something I thought up the other day...Never know when ya might come upon someone out to do you harm, that or the occasional rouge animal..
    B. A person may not, while in or on a motor vehicle or in or on a trailer or other type of vehicle being hauled by a motor vehicle, have a cocked and armed crossbow or a firearm with a cartridge or shell in the chamber or in an attached magazine, clip or cylinder or a muzzle-loading firearm charged with powder, lead and a primed ignition device or mechanism, except that a person who has a valid Maine permit to carry a concealed weapon may have in or on a motor vehicle or trailer a loaded pistol or revolver covered by that permit.

41. Motor vehicle. "Motor vehicle" means any motor-driven vehicle, except motorboats.

If it's loaded you need a CCW permit recognized by Maine.