• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So Its Snowmobile Season...

WantsToCarry

Whos out there riding? I hope to be soon...

Quick question. I know you need a CWP to drive a vehicle down the road, and be loaded and or concealed. NOW..if on a snowmobile, not on a town, or state road, does this rule still apply? The pistol will (Maybe..depending on what you wear..) visible, so its OC. But because your on a motor driven vehicle, is it illegal?

Just something I thought up the other day...Never know when ya might come upon someone out to do you harm, that or the occasional rouge animal..

boyscout399

Whos out there riding? I hope to be soon...

Quick question. I know you need a CWP to drive a vehicle down the road, and be loaded and or concealed. NOW..if on a snowmobile, not on a town, or state road, does this rule still apply? The pistol will (Maybe..depending on what you wear..) visible, so its OC. But because your on a motor driven vehicle, is it illegal?

Just something I thought up the other day...Never know when ya might come upon someone out to do you harm, that or the occasional rouge animal..

B. A person may not, while in or on a motor vehicle or in or on a trailer or other type of vehicle being hauled by a motor vehicle, have a cocked and armed crossbow or a firearm with a cartridge or shell in the chamber or in an attached magazine, clip or cylinder or a muzzle-loading firearm charged with powder, lead and a primed ignition device or mechanism, except that a person who has a valid Maine permit to carry a concealed weapon may have in or on a motor vehicle or trailer a loaded pistol or revolver covered by that permit.

41. Motor vehicle. "Motor vehicle" means any motor-driven vehicle, except motorboats.

If it's loaded you need a CCW permit recognized by Maine.