• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back - years ago, in Michigan...

DooFster

I was sleeping one night, when I heard something "click" outside, and noticed it was someone trying to get into the house. When I got that all figured out, I ran to my dad's safe, spun the combination, and cracked it open, pulling out his Ruger P-94 double-action 9mm. After telling my mom to lay down as if she was still sleeping, I slowly and quietly opened the inner door, leading to the covered porch, and poked the barrel just out of the door opening. Just a second or two after seeing a flashlight beam, I heard "dude, we can't go in there, someone's got a gun!"

The next morning, I was waiting for my ride to school and noticed the neighbors standing outside their house...the one that was ACTUALLY broken into...sorry about the neighbors, but I saved our house from getting destroyed, and/or someone in the house killed...

since9

Campaign Veteran
If you have a castle law, next time wait until they enter. It's a lot messier, but it'll protect the neighbors, too.

Naw, just kidding. Good thinking on your part!