Thread: Happy New Year, NC OCers!!!

Happy New Year, NC OCers!!!

Here's wishing you a hassle-free, safe, prosperous, and "State of Emergency-Free" 2011.

Keep your powder dry, your eyes open, and your Freedom and Dignity intact...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Happy new year!!!

mattwestm
    Happy New Year! I guess I'm not the only one without a life. I'm always on the internet during holidays lol

Happy new year (it fells like Ive said this before?)
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Happy New Year Everyone. 1-1-11

Talking

Happy Prosperous New Year everyone!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!! Carry on!!

Happy New Year everyone.

Lol, brought in the new years with a Bang. Was up at 0700 this morning heading to the range.

mattwestm
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9110e View Post
    Lol, brought in the new years with a Bang. Was up at 0700 this morning heading to the range.
    Same here. I had some bottle rockets, roman candles, fire crackers, and plenty of other fun stuff from South Carolina. NC fireworks are lame!

as a kid my neighbors used to light off double and triple charges of black powder in their muzzle loaders for new years, now that's fireworks
    GO PIRATES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edrolee View Post
    as a kid my neighbors used to light off double and triple charges of black powder in their muzzle loaders for new years, now that's fireworks
    That is an old tradition, still practiced in some communities in the state. If memory still serves correctly, it is of German origin (don't count on that I'm a lot older than the memories) based on the belief that the loud noises scared off the bad spirits and provided the new year with a fresh start. When I lived in Gastonia NC back in 1973 the local news would always document the revelers wandering around one of the local communities where it was still practiced and record the bands of New Year celebrators with their muskets setting off large charges of black powder to send those bad spirits scurrying out of the local neighborhood.
    No need of that where I live because the USMC provides that service daily.

Heard several magazines worth fired at midnight.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. — Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts