• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbee here

Been There

Hello Everyone,
I've just joined this site because I'm all for open carry and I think that if everyone would carry, we wouldn't have half of the crime that we now face in our great nation.
I'm from Maine and I've had a CWP for 20yrs now and I often carry my gun openly. Very seldom do I get any negative comments (that I know of) about this.
I'm sick and tired of the Federal Government messing with our Second Amendment rights. What they don't realize is this country is not Australia or UK, and if they think that we will lay down and turn in our guns, they've got another thing coming. They will start another civil war or at least a rebellion which will turn ugly.
On a brighter note, I look forward to reading the post on this forum and hopefully, I can contribute to this.:D

GOD Bless America!!

eye95

Hello Everyone,
I've just joined this site because I'm all for open carry and I think that if everyone would carry, we wouldn't have half of the crime that we now face in our great nation.
I'm from Maine and I've had a CWP for 20yrs now and I often carry my gun openly. Very seldom do I get any negative comments (that I know of) about this.
I'm sick and tired of the Federal Government messing with our Second Amendment rights. What they don't realize is this country is not Australia or UK, and if they think that we will lay down and turn in our guns, they've got another thing coming. They will start another civil war or at least a rebellion which will turn ugly.
On a brighter note, I look forward to reading the post on this forum and hopefully, I can contribute to this.:D

GOD Bless America!!

Welcome. And, yes, God Bless America.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Welcome aboard. We're pleased to have you with us.

I seriously doubt it would ever come to a point in this country when the federal government would issue any decrees to confiscate all privately owned firearms. They just don't have the ability, means, or support for this kind of action. I would bet a rather large segment of the military would refuse such orders, as they should because any orders of this nature would not only be illegal but treasonous as well.

So if they are of a mind to make moves in that direction, it will by in the same vein as has been over the last 100+ years... a piece at a time. I could be wrong, but I just don't see an all out massive, aggressive, and nationally active attempt to disarm the American people. The unintended consequences of such a move would hopefully be devastating to their cause.

kubel

Unfortunately, the city police, sheriff, coast guard, and national guard followed the orders all to well following Katrina.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Unfortunately, the city police, sheriff, coast guard, and national guard followed the orders all to well following Katrina.

Yes they did. But that was a local affair. If a large-scale national move to confiscate firearms were started, I don't think we would see quite the same thing we saw during Katrina's aftermath. What should have happened down there was this. A bunch of good old boys armed to the teeth and banded together telling the criminal police and officials, "not today, not tomorrow, not ever".

XDFDE45

Welcome to OCDO Been There :D. I agree with you on the gov messing with our lives but with the SCOTUS deciding in our favor with the recent Heller and McDonald cases we have a bit more ammo (pun intended :p) on our side now.

Last edited:

Been There

Welcome to OCDO Been There :D. I agree with you on the gov messing with our lives but with the SCOTUS deciding in our favor with the recent Heller and McDonald cases we have a bit more ammo (pun intended :p) on our side now.

The courts decided in our favor but the mayors are still fighting this teeth and nail, what we need is for ALL of the people to actually vote the bastards out of office. This will send another message to the politician that we will not take this lying down.
This is what happens we some of the people says "my vote doesn't matter" and multiply this by 5 million people. This is why this country is the way it is now. Look at California and it's gun laws, it's sickening to see this happen on American soil!:mad:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hello Everyone,

GOD Bless America!!

Wow. And this is your first post? Wow! Welcome aboard!

The courts decided in our favor but the mayors are still fighting this teeth and nail, what we need is for ALL of the people to actually vote the bastards out of office. This will send another message to the politician that we will not take this lying down.

Bingo. When they wake up saying, "where did my job go?" they and others may get a clue or two. I'm having difficulty reconciling why 87% of Americans believe in gun rights, while we keep electing shameful, anti-Constitutional mayors, governors, representatives, senators, and presidents to office. We need to STOP that crap.

Last edited:

Been There

Bingo. When they wake up saying, "where did my job go?" they and others may get a clue or two. I'm having difficulty reconciling why 87% of Americans believe in gun rights, while we keep electing shameful, anti-Constitutional mayors, governors, representatives, senators, and presidents to office. We need to STOP that crap.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!

since9

Campaign Veteran
I am deleting my entire post because opencarry.org refuses to post my post as I penned it. You acccepted less than half. I don't care if it's a technical issue or what. Either fix it or the efforts of my heart and hard-earned-efforts will no longer grace your pages.

PS: I put a considerable amount of time and energy into Been There's response. It was LOST due to either admin or board bufoonery.

Been There, welcome aboard. This forum is normally well above these standards, so I apologize for he interim treatment until they work out the kinks.

- since9

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran

Yes, they did, shame their treasonous hides!

They took the same oath as all officers (com and noncom) of the US Military, Congress, federal judiciary, and our President.

Should any one of them be tried along the lines of denying our 2nd amendment rights, they may yet well face a firing squad for treason.

NOTICE TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, COUNTY, AND CITY LEOS: THIS IS THE LAW. OBEY IT OR WE, THE PEOPLE, WILL HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE.

I spent 20 years of my life in the US military supporting and protecting our country. I simply ask that you do the same. If you can't, I support your right of dissent, but I choose not to support your voice.