• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

arrested for OC while intoxicated

Yard Sale

Post-conviction edit: I'm making the audio public again, and making previously unseen video public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESv-39IT1QY

At the end there are links to my dash cam video of the initial fishing expedition search and the second search for inventory (wherein the most obvious video camera is tampered with).

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

Omg gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eye95

So, yard sale, where you in fact inebriated at the checkpoint?

I have my own answer but I believe you where the one who named this thread.

He probably should not answer that question. However, the results of the tests are known to the cops and the prosecutors, so posting them here will tip no one's hand.

The conversation leads me to believe that the driver knew there was no way that he was over the legal limit. Still, I can't formulate any judgment until I know the BAC.

Yard Sale

So, yard sale, where you in fact inebriated at the checkpoint?
Yeah Joe I was drunk off my ass that's why the jailer's eye's widened upon viewing the PAS device and went back and got a second one and then the A/O dropped the alcohol charges like a hot potato. (Nevada has a malicious prosecution law.)

I regret taking the PAS tests after the blood test. Then I would have been booked for DUI and possession of a firearm while intoxicated and there would be more of a paper trail. They whitewashed the alcohol charges.

Look in the Nevada forum and you'll see my story about how they contrived to smell alcohol at another suspicionless roadblock.

When are you submitting the paperwork for the Federal 1983 suit?
Send lawyers, guns, and money. Don't forget the state civil suit and the state criminal charges. I count a couple felonies and a boatload of gross misdemeanors and vanila misdemeanors.

I was arraigned Thursday for obstructing and lack of insurance. Some city attorney looked at the arrest report and said, yeah, I'll file this. (Edit: No, the city attorney likely never saw it; the cop filed the complaints all by himself.) I have yet to see the arrest report or blood test. I hope the blood test doesn't disappear like my camera and notebook. (Edit: I got the arrest report. It took a long six weeks for the blood test results to get to my attorney. I still haven't heard a word in response to my theft report.)

Last edited:

AZkopper

This is why I am 100% against DUI checkpoints. Without RAS or PC for any detention, officers have to 'wing it' to try to accomplish what they are told to do (namely, stop cars and contact drivers for DUI investigations). Officers feel they have the authority to 'do what is necessary' and treat a checkpoint stop like a traffic violation stop, without the legal backing of a traffic stop.

Now, I don't know if YardSale was as dry as a north Texas county, or if he had partook of a small amount of alcohol, just to 'get the odor' of alcohol on him, with the intention of going through the checkpoint (the tape and commentary are conspicuously silent on that--while mentioning he took 2 Prelimenary breath tests in jail) [sort of like a reverse-entrapment].

The officer's reaction to the gun, in an open carry state (and CC state) was so over the top ridiculous as to be worthy of Reno 911.

Were he dry, then the officers stepped on themselves, and he'll be getting a check.

If he had an odor of alcohol on him, then this is all just a waste of bandwidth.

eye95

This is why I am 100% against DUI checkpoints. Without RAS or PC for any detention, officers have to 'wing it' to try to accomplish what they are told to do (namely, stop cars and contact drivers for DUI investigations). Officers feel they have the authority to 'do what is necessary' and treat a checkpoint stop like a traffic violation stop, without the legal backing of a traffic stop.

Now, I don't know if YardSale was as dry as a north Texas county, or if he had partook of a small amount of alcohol, just to 'get the odor' of alcohol on him, with the intention of going through the checkpoint (the tape and commentary are conspicuously silent on that--while mentioning he took 2 Prelimenary breath tests in jail) [sort of like a reverse-entrapment].

The officer's reaction to the gun, in an open carry state (and CC state) was so over the top ridiculous as to be worthy of Reno 911.

Were he dry, then the officers stepped on themselves, and he'll be getting a check.

If he had an odor of alcohol on him, then this is all just a waste of bandwidth.

This is why I am asking for the BAC. Without my knowing the BAC, I cannot make the judgment necessary to decide whether or how I will help.

rodbender

Well, one thing is sure. The cop screwed the pooch when he said he smelled alcohol because ethanol is odorless. He should have said that he smelled alcoholic beverage.

I've seen it in court and the prosecuting attorney got his ass handed to him when the cop repeated it to the defense attorney. Then an expert witness got on the stand and explained that all alcoholic drinks are made with ethanol and ethanol is odorless. OOPS!!

Yard Sale

And I have absolutely no doubt that six armed green aliens live on the fifth planet orbiting Beta Hydri, but without proof, it's just an uniformed opinion.
Which is why if I state the date I most recently consumed alcohol prior to this encounter, it's just opinion to you. (And I can only give a month, not an exact date.) I wanted to put the blood results in this video but I don't have them yet. When I subpoena the blood results, I'll post them. And not just the alcohol but whatever else the A/O threatened me with in jail. He said he's holding my gun as evidence in case the blood test shows alcohol or drugs. Good thing I hadn't eaten a poppy seed muffin or bagel in a while.

How do you like that? We'll force you from your vehicle, steal your property, steal some blood under threat of violence, then if your blood checks out OK we'll give your property back. (Edit: Blood checked out but property hasn't been returned!)

They'll probably demand a Brady check when the gun is released from evidence. I plan to get a court order demanding the release of my property. Then if they don't release it without a Brady check I'll tell the judge they are in contempt of his order. I have to do this pro se. I am a broke-ass wage slave and can't afford counsel for my criminal defense, let alone an attorney for a counter attack.

Last edited:

AZkopper

Yard Sale, I will take you at your word that you were stone cold sober and dry as a north Texas county. I was refering to speculation without any statement on your part, or reason to believe one way or the other. If I were you, I would try to find a good civil rights attorney who will work for a cut of your winnin's instead of an up front fee.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
They'll probably demand a Brady check when the gun is released from evidence. I plan to get a court order demanding the release of my property. Then if they don't release it without a Brady check I'll tell the judge they are in contempt of his order. I have to do this pro se. I am a broke-ass wage slave and can't afford counsel for my criminal defense, let alone an attorney for a counter attack.

Consider NOT suing to get thegun back - sue for violation of your due process rights - when the police seize your property, it;s on THEM to provide you due process - notice and opportunity to be be heard re the seizure. File under 42 USC 1983 just for the due process violation - will drive them nuts. As long as they have the gun, you are in charge. Hopefully you can find an attorney willing to take the case on contingency. Your case will force Nevada police departments who do not respect due process rights to start doing so. Unless state law requires polices to conduct a background check to give back your property, i do not see how they can prevail in making you do so.