Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HAMPTON ROADS OC DINNER - 12 JAN 2011 - 7PM, LONE STAR, off S. INDEPENDENCE, Va Beach

Talking HAMPTON ROADS OC DINNER - 12 JAN 2011 - 7PM, LONE STAR, off S. INDEPENDENCE, Va Beach

Happy New Year to all! We ended 2010 at Carrabbas's and with Lobby Day coming up, what better way to get started than w/ a good steak dinner. Not going to Richmond? Come on down anyway for good food and fellowship! Head'n south on Independence from Virginia Beach Blvd or S. Independence 264 exit the Roadhouse is on your right, you really can't miss it but just in case here's the adx:

Texas Roadhouse
    4309 Silverleaf Drive
    Virginia Beach, VA 2346

Quote Originally Posted by TxSwampRat View Post
    Happy New Year to all! We ended 2010 at Carrabbas's and with Lobby Day coming up, what better way to get started than w/ a good steak dinner. Not going to Richmond? Come on down anyway for good food and fellowship! Head'n south on Independence from Virginia Beach Blvd or S. Independence 264 exit the Roadhouse is on your right, you really can't miss it but just in case here's the adx:

Texas Roadhouse
    4309 Silverleaf Drive
    Virginia Beach, VA 2346
    Don't like the steaks there but I'll plan to attend anyway.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I haven't had one of their steaks. What's wrong with them?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    I haven't had one of their steaks. What's wrong with them?
    Don't like the way they're seasoned or marinated or whatever they do to them. They also won't cook it how I want it. The best steaks I've ever had were sourced from a local meat market and home cooked.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Just WHERE do you find a "local meat market"? I've been looking for a "country butcher" around here for YEARS without success. The military commissaries have better meat than the local grocery stores, but I would LOVE to find a real butcher that does it "right" and FRESH.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Unhappy A Wednesday Night Supper

Alas, I have a prior engagement.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I will be there. Happy near years
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one due to my kids schedules.

I'll keep an eye out for the next dinner. :-)

PS: It is always good to see someone scheduling their first dinner! Sorry I can't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Just WHERE do you find a "local meat market"? I've been looking for a "country butcher" around here for YEARS without success. The military commissaries have better meat than the local grocery stores, but I would LOVE to find a real butcher that does it "right" and FRESH.
    Here ya go: http://www.gamesmarket.biz/History.shtml
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

January OC dinner

Howdy everyone! I will put it on my calendar for sure! I look forward to seeing you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    Thank you. I already go there from time to time. I had forgotten about them. They have good prices, too!
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Great meat Market

At the corner of Princess Anne, and Dam Neck Road. Right int he area of the Amphitheater. Called the Country Butcher. Great meats, great prices, and all kinds of "stuff". Frog legs, muskrat in season, etc...Part of the famer's market...
    Another one down kempsville road in Chesapeake...

I'm going to try to make it.

MSC45 Games has the best steaks hands down, and good prices .

I might have two more coming with me, not sure yet.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

2 More...

Put us down for two...we should be able to make this one!!

I may be able to make this one. The Mrs will not be able to due to prior obligations.

I don't have to work that night so I'll be there.

The wife and I wll be there....possibly our daughter too.

Ill have to bring my wife out there so we can meet you guys.

I'm from Texas and we have quite a few Texas Roadhouses there. I agree with the previous guy about their steaks, but you cant pass up the bread and cinnamon butter.

Quote Originally Posted by TxSwampRat View Post

Texas Roadhouse
    4309 Silverleaf Drive
    Virginia Beach, VA 2346
    You said LONE STAR in the title, but you gave a address to Texas Roadhouse? I am confused. I am pretty sure its a Roadhouse
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 01-06-2011 at 03:00 PM.

I will be there and be bringing a friend along.

I cant make this one.....I'll be driving back from a 3 day shooting class......bummer I know!

Exclamation We'll have to make this another time!

Guys,I've come to find that he steakhouse front door staff apperantly were unaware of their company policy. I took the opportunity to recheck with the "managing partner" who I later found is a Mr. Crouse just for due diligence in the event there might be a conflict between the steakhouse and our goals and got this from him:

Dear Gil Garcia,
    Thank you for the inquiry. I am writing to inform you that the Texas Roadhouse does NOT allow ANY kind of weapon on or in our properties with or without a license. If you received information from anyone other then management I am sorry that they mislead your organization. We would love to host your meeting, but your group would have to leave the weapons at home. If you have any other questions please contact - Jason Crouse (MANAGING PARTNER) AT 757-497-7427 during normal business ours.

I did reply as follows:

Mr. Crouse,
    Thank you for your answer. I'd like to inquire whether this is a corporate wide policy or one that is locally meaning, store by store, generated? Although not mandated that I'm aware of, would you consider signage to indicate this policy on or nearby your entry door?
    I don't think the staff meant to mislead me in anyway. On the contrary, as I made my inquiry, they seemed to be enthusiastic about the prospect of our organization dining there. I do believe their answer at the time came from truly not being aware of this policy. I am certain that this will be addressed in order to prevent any future misunderstandings. To be clear, my experience since this store opened with your staff has been always pleasant and professional as well as great good fun. Your people know their business, present a fine product and have always performed above expectation.
    Although I appreciate you making your store available to us I of course must decline simply because to meet without our side arms pretty much nullifies the purpose of our periodic dining out. I hope to see a time where this policy might be changed in the future.

I have yet to hear from him regarding signs or policy but don't really expect any further response from him.

Therefore this particular dining out must be canceled for this location anyway. I am looking around for another location and still have some steaks in mind.

I like this store but in light of their policy I don't see myself sitting down there for dinner anytime in the immediate future. I'll see about adding this establishment to the VCDL list of firearms unfriendly establishments and see if this is a corporate wide policy.

Beyond that, I probably would have missed this dinner in any event as whatever has been going around lately has landed at our house. Kind of late but can't breathe and the throat is really rough! Might try to make the doctor tomorrow if the roads aren't bad and she has an opening.

I truly regret this has happened and any inconvienience to OC members.
    Last edited by TxSwampRat; 01-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    You said LONE STAR in the title, but you gave a address to Texas Roadhouse? I am confused. I am pretty sure its a Roadhouse
    You are Correct. I didn't even notice the error but it was the Roadhouse. My error but it's going to be called off anyway.
    Last edited by TxSwampRat; 01-11-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Isn't there a golden coral near there? Had good experiences a those in the past.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast