• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HAMPTON ROADS OC DINNER - 12 JAN 2011 - 7PM, LONE STAR, off S. INDEPENDENCE, Va Beach

TxSwampRat

Happy New Year to all! We ended 2010 at Carrabbas's and with Lobby Day coming up, what better way to get started than w/ a good steak dinner. Not going to Richmond? Come on down anyway for good food and fellowship! Head'n south on Independence from Virginia Beach Blvd or S. Independence 264 exit the Roadhouse is on your right, you really can't miss it but just in case here's the adx:

Texas Roadhouse
4309 Silverleaf Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 2346

t33j

Happy New Year to all! We ended 2010 at Carrabbas's and with Lobby Day coming up, what better way to get started than w/ a good steak dinner. Not going to Richmond? Come on down anyway for good food and fellowship! Head'n south on Independence from Virginia Beach Blvd or S. Independence 264 exit the Roadhouse is on your right, you really can't miss it but just in case here's the adx:

Texas Roadhouse
4309 Silverleaf Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 2346

Don't like the steaks there but I'll plan to attend anyway.

t33j

I haven't had one of their steaks. What's wrong with them?

Don't like the way they're seasoned or marinated or whatever they do to them. They also won't cook it how I want it. The best steaks I've ever had were sourced from a local meat market and home cooked.

MSC 45ACP

Just WHERE do you find a "local meat market"? I've been looking for a "country butcher" around here for YEARS without success. The military commissaries have better meat than the local grocery stores, but I would LOVE to find a real butcher that does it "right" and FRESH.

45acpForMe

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one due to my kids schedules.

I'll keep an eye out for the next dinner. :)

PS: It is always good to see someone scheduling their first dinner! Sorry I can't make it.

Red Dawg

Great meat Market

At the corner of Princess Anne, and Dam Neck Road. Right int he area of the Amphitheater. Called the Country Butcher. Great meats, great prices, and all kinds of "stuff". Frog legs, muskrat in season, etc...Part of the famer's market...
Another one down kempsville road in Chesapeake...

And2TheRepublic

Ill have to bring my wife out there so we can meet you guys.

I'm from Texas and we have quite a few Texas Roadhouses there. I agree with the previous guy about their steaks, but you cant pass up the bread and cinnamon butter.

ocholsteroc

Texas Roadhouse
4309 Silverleaf Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 2346

You said LONE STAR in the title, but you gave a address to Texas Roadhouse? :p I am confused. I am pretty sure its a Roadhouse

Last edited: