• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HAMPTON ROADS OC DINNER - 12 JAN 2011 - 7PM, LONE STAR, off S. INDEPENDENCE, Va Beach

TxSwampRat

We'll have to make this another time!

Guys,I've come to find that he steakhouse front door staff apperantly were unaware of their company policy. I took the opportunity to recheck with the "managing partner" who I later found is a Mr. Crouse just for due diligence in the event there might be a conflict between the steakhouse and our goals and got this from him:

Dear Gil Garcia,
Thank you for the inquiry. I am writing to inform you that the Texas Roadhouse does NOT allow ANY kind of weapon on or in our properties with or without a license. If you received information from anyone other then management I am sorry that they mislead your organization. We would love to host your meeting, but your group would have to leave the weapons at home. If you have any other questions please contact - Jason Crouse (MANAGING PARTNER) AT 757-497-7427 during normal business ours.

I did reply as follows:

Mr. Crouse,
Thank you for your answer. I'd like to inquire whether this is a corporate wide policy or one that is locally meaning, store by store, generated? Although not mandated that I'm aware of, would you consider signage to indicate this policy on or nearby your entry door?
I don't think the staff meant to mislead me in anyway. On the contrary, as I made my inquiry, they seemed to be enthusiastic about the prospect of our organization dining there. I do believe their answer at the time came from truly not being aware of this policy. I am certain that this will be addressed in order to prevent any future misunderstandings. To be clear, my experience since this store opened with your staff has been always pleasant and professional as well as great good fun. Your people know their business, present a fine product and have always performed above expectation.
Although I appreciate you making your store available to us I of course must decline simply because to meet without our side arms pretty much nullifies the purpose of our periodic dining out. I hope to see a time where this policy might be changed in the future.

I have yet to hear from him regarding signs or policy but don't really expect any further response from him.

Therefore this particular dining out must be canceled for this location anyway. I am looking around for another location and still have some steaks in mind.

I like this store but in light of their policy I don't see myself sitting down there for dinner anytime in the immediate future. I'll see about adding this establishment to the VCDL list of firearms unfriendly establishments and see if this is a corporate wide policy.

Beyond that, I probably would have missed this dinner in any event as whatever has been going around lately has landed at our house. Kind of late but can't breathe and the throat is really rough! Might try to make the doctor tomorrow if the roads aren't bad and she has an opening.

I truly regret this has happened and any inconvienience to OC members.

Last edited:

sst0185

+1 to Primo Pizza, I see people OC'ing in there all the time. They all dress the same though.:dude:

wylde007

Another good steak house is Yukon on Kempsville Road just south of Providence. I have never had a problem there.

Someplace to think about for another time.

Bubba Ron

Primo's Pizza for us...

If it is switched to Primo's Pizza we'll be there. Like someone said before, never ask permission - it is very difficult for a manager to say no to 10 to 25 folks wanting to have dinner. Jean and I have had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse off Battlefield Blvd (by Sears) while open carrying...maybe this is a new development?? We started these Dining Outs back in 2006, at least twice a month, and we were never denied service...don't ask, just show up...it's probably not a bad plan to have another location in standby - but so far we've never needed it.