• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Want to barrow, Sig Armorer DVD

FMCDH

Does anyone have one of the Sig Armorer DVDs I could barrow?

I want to change the trigger and the mag release on my P226, and I have been told its not a good idea to try this without watching the DVD first.

FMCDH

While I read the Sig forums quite a bit, and I have often see people refer to the DVDs before trying any "home maintenance" beyond a field strip and clean, I haven't seen anyone offer one for sale.

I am aware they are for sale on TopGunSupply, but figured why pay $30 for something that my "neighbor" may have handy.

Besides, If I sign up for a Sig Forum account, its just one more user-name, one more password and one more place I have to leave my e-mail address for SPAM. Lots of good information on that forum, but nothing that needs my input. ;)

Trigger Dr

Jan 8 & 9 Puyallup WAC gunshow. There is a lady there that sells books,DVD and maintainence manuals for GUNZ. Probably find one there.

FMCDH

There is no WAC show in Puyallup until Jan 22-23. Monroe show is Jan 15-16.

Now Monroe I would drive to.

Might have to check that one out. Not sure the non-member fee of $7.00 would be worth it however just to buy a $20.00 DVD.

Do they have armed security at the shows since they disarm you at the door?

SpyderTattoo

Now Monroe I would drive to.

Might have to check that one out. Not sure the non-member fee of $7.00 would be worth it however just to buy a $20.00 DVD.

Do they have armed security at the shows since they disarm you at the door?

I work security there. Let's not start this line of Shizznit again...

amlevin

What do you mean. What else does one have to do on a slow day but to gripe about stuff like this? First it's the price of admission, then it's "disarmament", then the prices, the people, the weather, the distance, the club's politics, etc.

Some people just need a good hobby.

FMCDH

I thought it was a legitimate question myself. I knew there was security (says so on the WAC site), but that wasn't the question I asked.

Is there ARMED (as in loaded pistol) security at the shows, and are they authorized to do more than wave their pistol around if someone does freak out?

Sorry if you don't agree with the way the WAC policy of disarmament makes some people feel, but that's not my problem, that's theirs.

The prudent mind does tend to run over what could happen in such a poorly secured environment where you have guns, but expect people to be on an honor system that exists only skin deep.

I understand fully the politics behind the decision, its for liability and for show, a sort of CYA measure in-case something does happen.

But my question wasn't leveled at that policy, it was leveled at getting clarification about armed and empowered security at the shows who can do something about an active shooter.

I work and spend about half of my waking hours in such a false "gun free zone" environment already, and don't really care to put myself willingly into those places if I can help it.

Just sayin...

Trigger Dr

Don't know about Monroe, but with it being a WAC show, I would expect it to be run the same as Puyallup WAC security (unarmed) and contract Police officers armed and in full uniform.

FMCDH

Don't know about Monroe, but with it being a WAC show, I would expect it to be run the same as Puyallup WAC security (unarmed) and contract Police officers armed and in full uniform.

Excellent, thanks for the straight answer! :)

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
I have a copy of the DVD, somewhere...

Swapping over the mag release is easy, trigger is a little more complicated. Not sure I want to loan the DVD out, as I have had too many disappear after a loan. I am not too far away though, we could probably meet and take care of it.

FMCDH

I have a copy of the DVD, somewhere...

Swapping over the mag release is easy, trigger is a little more complicated. Not sure I want to loan the DVD out, as I have had too many disappear after a loan. I am not too far away though, we could probably meet and take care of it.

Would be happy to! Will even buy you a coffee from your favorite spot for the education.

If its a matter of replacement, I will be happy to give you cash to hold onto for the loan of the DVD, for your piece of mind. PM me with what you would like to do.

Both would be even better, because I am a hands on learner, and having someone step me through the process would be best. I'm new to Sigs.

Last edited:

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
Would be happy to! Will even buy you a coffee from your favorite spot for the education.

If its a matter of replacement, I will be happy to give you cash to hold onto for the loan of the DVD, for your piece of mind. PM me with what you would like to do.

Both would be even better, because I am a hands on learner, and having someone step me through the process would be best. I'm new to Sigs.

Let me see if I can dig it up, once I find it we can work something out.