Thread: liquor license

liquor license

ok I have been doing some reading and understand that I can not OC any place that has a liquor license now does the mean places that sell liquor like wallmart, mijjer or pretty much any gastation are off limmits to?
    Last edited by kameron454ci; 01-01-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
    Yes.
    CPL= go
    no CPL=no go
    .springerdave.

Quote Originally Posted by kameron454ci View Post
    ok I have been doing some reading and understand that I can not OC any place that has a liquor license now does the mean places that sell liquor like wallmart, mijjer or pretty much any gastation are off limmits to?
    This may help:
    Attached Files Attached Files

...and if you don't know if the restaurant, gas station, grocery store, etc. has a liquor license, just search for it here:

http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    I walked into a Mobil gas station a few months ago, and was quite surprised to see a beer cooler next to the pop. I usually get all my gasoline at Mobil, but hadn't been to this particular store in years. The ones I frequent don't sell alcohol, so I would never have guessed that they might have a license to sell it. I have a CPL so it was really no problem, but I think this illustrates well why we encourage everyone who OC's to go ahead and get a CPL, even though we don't necessarily agree with the concept of needing a license to begin with. Meanwhile, we need to continually be moving this state towards constitutional carry.

A CPL turns a right into a privilege.

I agree with stainless1911.

Just because you have a CPL doesn't mean you always have to carry concealed. It just provides you with a little more flexibility when it comes to the law. The two biggest areas that would get me in trouble had I not got my CPL would be:

1) getting into a car while open carrying (that would get you busted since the law says carrying in a car is always considered concealed)
    2) carrying into a place that is licensed to sell liquor (may of us shop at licensed stores even if we don't drink- Walmart, Meijer, Kroger, etc...).

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    ...and if you don't know if the restaurant, gas station, grocery store, etc. has a liquor license, just search for it here:

http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/
    This is a GREAT link. I've had it saved in my phone, and I search it often. There are plenty of places you wouldn't think would have a liquor license (don't sell alcohol), but in fact do have one.