Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC meetup San Diego (Santee)

OC meetup San Diego (Santee)

Saturday January 8th Santee Trolley Square OC meetup for lunch.
    9828 Mission Gorge Road, Santee, CA

12 noon. In the food court amphitheater area.

Everybody chime in that can make it. First timers and new comers are always welcome.
    Bring your pamplets, cards, recording devices, questions, friends.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I'm tentatively in. With a 3 year old daughter, knowing what i'm going to be doing a week from today is virtually impossible.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

I'm in.
    I get to try out my super duper spy glasses and super duper spy pen. Don't say or do anything you don't want the world to know about.

I'm in unless the wife has other plans.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Ok I'm in. I will also be bringing along my 3 year old to add to the family vibe. It'll give my wife a few hours to herself and help reinforce the fact that normal people are gun owners.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    I'm in unless the wife has other plans.
    I hid the honeydo list so she can't add anything to it.

i might be there. be careful everyone theres lots of schools in santee

I should be able to attend.

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading through the forums for the past month but due to holidays/schedule I have not been able to attend any of the open carry meets.

I will be there for this one and possibly my wife.

See you all there!

Cool. Looks like it's gonna be a good turn out although cold. (high of 60)
    I plan on UOCing tomorrow to Kohl's in Santee and Big 5 in El Cajon.
    My google and mapquest research showed them to be well out of the 1000' Victim Disarmament Zone.

Beat the cold, wear layered shirts, make sure you dont accidentally cover your weapon with a jacket or sweater. Everyone try to bring a friend or someone who may have questions.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Beat the cold, wear layered shirts, make sure you dont accidentally cover your weapon with a jacket or sweater. Everyone try to bring a friend or someone who may have questions.
    I'm in luck. My 3 year old asks LOTS and LOTS of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by leoffensive View Post
    i might be there. be careful everyone theres lots of schools in santee
    My searches have not found any k-12 schools within 1000 ft of the town center circle made by Mission Gorge road and town center drive and civic center drive. This includes all the business properties contained within.

In fact the back end of Wal Mart is maybe 1500' from Calrton Oaks elementary thats the closest to the shopping center complex. Can anyone find different? please post.

My search finds Santee Elementary school about 3500 ft WSW from the trolley station. Carolton oaks Elementary is about the same distance NW.
    I'm satisfied it's clear for a meetup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    My search finds Santee Elementary school about 3500 ft WSW from the trolley station. Carolton oaks Elementary is about the same distance NW.
    I'm satisfied it's clear for a meetup.
    The old Santee Elementary on Mission Gorge is a demolished school. Has been for years. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...05.49,,0,-1.71The only thing still up is the outer fences. Some maps still show it. It's also East SouthEast.

The closest i have found to any store even near there is a private school in the shopping center north of mast park but it is still over 1000' to Kohl's and Lowe's.
    Last edited by Born2Lose; 01-05-2011 at 01:08 PM.

I UOC'd today at Santee Trolley court had lunch by the amphitheater, walked right by(within 5 ft) 3 plain clothed deputies (one had BDU pants and sheriff t-shirt on, and all 3 had that "LEO Look") sitting outside eating lunch. When I opened the door to the sandwhich shop I could see all 3 of them in the glass reflection looking at me and pointing and whispering. Went inside expecting them or a uniformed deputy to be called to come check me out. They never came in and when I went outside to eat my sandwhich they were gone. No LEO for the entire 45 minutes I was out there eating.

I can only wonder what their conversation was after I passed them, cause they all stopped talking when I walked past. There was no question they saw the weapon and no Badge on me so I figure they looked at each other saying "Im not checking him out, you check him out" "No way I dont want to deal with being on youtube" or "being shown up on my knowledge of firearms laws" "and I dont want to deal with a civil rights case"

Guess if you just act like they arent there and just go about your business and act normal, dont make eye contact or say anything, maybe most of them just ignore us. Might have been different if one of them was uniformed. Or I made eye contact or said something to them. They might not have wanted to approach me without the safety of their unifrom/badge and LOC status. Also they might not have been the LEO type that has a point to prove about being "the man". Just thought id share what happend.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    I UOC'd today at Santee Trolley court had lunch by the amphitheater, walked right by(within 5 ft) 3 plain clothed deputies (one had BDU pants and sheriff t-shirt on, and all 3 had that "LEO Look") sitting outside eating lunch. When I opened the door to the sandwhich shop I could see all 3 of them in the glass reflection looking at me and pointing and whispering. Went inside expecting them or a uniformed deputy to be called to come check me out. They never came in and when I went outside to eat my sandwhich they were gone. No LEO for the entire 45 minutes I was out there eating.

I can only wonder what their conversation was after I passed them, cause they all stopped talking when I walked past. There was no question they saw the weapon and no Badge on me so I figure they looked at each other saying "Im not checking him out, you check him out" "No way I dont want to deal with being on youtube" or "being shown up on my knowledge of firearms laws" "and I dont want to deal with a civil rights case"

Guess if you just act like they arent there and just go about your business and act normal, dont make eye contact or say anything, maybe most of them just ignore us. Might have been different if one of them was uniformed. Or I made eye contact or said something to them. They might not have wanted to approach me without the safety of their unifrom/badge and LOC status. Also they might not have been the LEO type that has a point to prove about being "the man". Just thought id share what happend.
    Cool! I'm going to UOC at Big 5 and Marshalls in El Cajon tonight.

I'm not real familiar with that area. I checked it out on google earth, and can't see any food court. I can see the ampitheater and the trolley station. I will be coming into the parking lot entrance by Target. Matt and I will be wandering around near the ampitheater.
    Last edited by Gundude; 01-06-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I'm not real familiar with that area. I checked it out on google earth, and can't see any food court. I can see the ampitheater and the trolley station. I will be coming into the parking lot entrance by Target. Matt and I will be wandering around near the ampitheater.
    There really isn't a "food court" per say just the amphitheater with a few restaurants around it.

Just got back from UOCing at Big 5 and Marshall's. Completely uneventful but my new recorded really picks up sound well.

new to UOC

i have never open carried before but have been researching all the pros and cons for sometime now and i would to join you guys tomorrow. i'm not familiar with the area at all, is there any way i can get an address or some good directions from anyone, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by xmattedgex View Post
    i have never open carried before but have been researching all the pros and cons for sometime now and i would to join you guys tomorrow. i'm not familiar with the area at all, is there any way i can get an address or some good directions from anyone, thanks for the help.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...01418&t=h&z=20
    Here's a link to the ampitheater. Zoom out from there and get directions.

So where are we eating?
    And has local PD been informed of the gathering today?
    Last edited by xmattedgex; 01-08-2011 at 09:45 AM.

I wont be able to make it. Catch yall next time.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by xmattedgex View Post
    So where are we eating?
    And has local PD been informed of the gathering today?
    Firemark set up this gathering. Since he never said i assumed people would go to one of the many places http://www.shopsanteetrolleysquare.com/ and we'd gather to eat it at the amphitheater which has tables and chairs near it plus all the concrete seats at the amphitheater.
    Within about 50' of the amphitheater is quiznos, panda express, starbucks, annie's burgers. (the website says coldstone but its now out of business)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast