• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meetup San Diego (Santee)

Firemark

Saturday January 8th Santee Trolley Square OC meetup for lunch.
9828 Mission Gorge Road, Santee, CA

12 noon. In the food court amphitheater area.

Everybody chime in that can make it. First timers and new comers are always welcome.
Bring your pamplets, cards, recording devices, questions, friends.

Gundude

I'm in.
I get to try out my super duper spy glasses and super duper spy pen. Don't say or do anything you don't want the world to know about. :lol: :banana:

Born2Lose

Ok I'm in. I will also be bringing along my 3 year old to add to the family vibe. It'll give my wife a few hours to herself and help reinforce the fact that normal people are gun owners.

Ruiner.NIN

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading through the forums for the past month but due to holidays/schedule I have not been able to attend any of the open carry meets.

I will be there for this one and possibly my wife.

See you all there!

Born2Lose

Cool. Looks like it's gonna be a good turn out although cold. (high of 60)
I plan on UOCing tomorrow to Kohl's in Santee and Big 5 in El Cajon.
My google and mapquest research showed them to be well out of the 1000' Victim Disarmament Zone.

Firemark

Beat the cold, wear layered shirts, make sure you dont accidentally cover your weapon with a jacket or sweater. Everyone try to bring a friend or someone who may have questions.

Firemark

i might be there. be careful everyone theres lots of schools in santee

My searches have not found any k-12 schools within 1000 ft of the town center circle made by Mission Gorge road and town center drive and civic center drive. This includes all the business properties contained within.

In fact the back end of Wal Mart is maybe 1500' from Calrton Oaks elementary thats the closest to the shopping center complex. Can anyone find different? please post.

Gundude

My search finds Santee Elementary school about 3500 ft WSW from the trolley station. Carolton oaks Elementary is about the same distance NW.
I'm satisfied it's clear for a meetup.

Born2Lose

My search finds Santee Elementary school about 3500 ft WSW from the trolley station. Carolton oaks Elementary is about the same distance NW.
I'm satisfied it's clear for a meetup.
The old Santee Elementary on Mission Gorge is a demolished school. Has been for years. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=schools&sll=32.83841,-116.970502&sspn=0.001273,0.00284&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=0.1&hq=schools&hnear=&ll=32.838374,-116.97047&spn=0.001273,0.00284&z=19&layer=c&cbll=32.838368,-116.970151&panoid=clWqH6ankpD8YyXzKJ5AnA&cbp=12,205.49,,0,-1.71The only thing still up is the outer fences. Some maps still show it. It's also East SouthEast.

The closest i have found to any store even near there is a private school in the shopping center north of mast park but it is still over 1000' to Kohl's and Lowe's.

Last edited:

Firemark

I UOC'd today at Santee Trolley court had lunch by the amphitheater, walked right by(within 5 ft) 3 plain clothed deputies (one had BDU pants and sheriff t-shirt on, and all 3 had that "LEO Look") sitting outside eating lunch. When I opened the door to the sandwhich shop I could see all 3 of them in the glass reflection looking at me and pointing and whispering. Went inside expecting them or a uniformed deputy to be called to come check me out. They never came in and when I went outside to eat my sandwhich they were gone. No LEO for the entire 45 minutes I was out there eating.

I can only wonder what their conversation was after I passed them, cause they all stopped talking when I walked past. There was no question they saw the weapon and no Badge on me so I figure they looked at each other saying "Im not checking him out, you check him out" "No way I dont want to deal with being on youtube" or "being shown up on my knowledge of firearms laws" "and I dont want to deal with a civil rights case"

Guess if you just act like they arent there and just go about your business and act normal, dont make eye contact or say anything, maybe most of them just ignore us. Might have been different if one of them was uniformed. Or I made eye contact or said something to them. They might not have wanted to approach me without the safety of their unifrom/badge and LOC status. Also they might not have been the LEO type that has a point to prove about being "the man". Just thought id share what happend.

Born2Lose

I UOC'd today at Santee Trolley court had lunch by the amphitheater, walked right by(within 5 ft) 3 plain clothed deputies (one had BDU pants and sheriff t-shirt on, and all 3 had that "LEO Look") sitting outside eating lunch. When I opened the door to the sandwhich shop I could see all 3 of them in the glass reflection looking at me and pointing and whispering. Went inside expecting them or a uniformed deputy to be called to come check me out. They never came in and when I went outside to eat my sandwhich they were gone. No LEO for the entire 45 minutes I was out there eating.

I can only wonder what their conversation was after I passed them, cause they all stopped talking when I walked past. There was no question they saw the weapon and no Badge on me so I figure they looked at each other saying "Im not checking him out, you check him out" "No way I dont want to deal with being on youtube" or "being shown up on my knowledge of firearms laws" "and I dont want to deal with a civil rights case"

Guess if you just act like they arent there and just go about your business and act normal, dont make eye contact or say anything, maybe most of them just ignore us. Might have been different if one of them was uniformed. Or I made eye contact or said something to them. They might not have wanted to approach me without the safety of their unifrom/badge and LOC status. Also they might not have been the LEO type that has a point to prove about being "the man". Just thought id share what happend.

Cool! I'm going to UOC at Big 5 and Marshalls in El Cajon tonight.

Gundude

I'm not real familiar with that area. I checked it out on google earth, and can't see any food court. I can see the ampitheater and the trolley station. I will be coming into the parking lot entrance by Target. Matt and I will be wandering around near the ampitheater.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

I'm not real familiar with that area. I checked it out on google earth, and can't see any food court. I can see the ampitheater and the trolley station. I will be coming into the parking lot entrance by Target. Matt and I will be wandering around near the ampitheater.
There really isn't a "food court" per say just the amphitheater with a few restaurants around it.