• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet and Eat Culvers Newville, WI 2/13/11 noon-3pm

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
An active attack unfolds

There will be a LOT of pissed people if they screw us. There are over 50 people who have RSVP's. Figure $10 per person, $500 in sales easy.
If we get turned away from this event, we'll just have to change our strategy to counter this active attack. In the future we could O.K. our event with the owner before going public with it. If there is a sign posted, be sure to get contact information. When I arrive today I think I will <censored to prevent being read by anti-gun elements >. That should give them second thoughts....

Jason in WI

If we get turned away from this event, we'll just have to change our strategy to counter this active attack. In the future we could O.K. our event with the owner before going public with it.

This event has already been O.K.'d and the manager was even going to reserve us a huge spot if I remember correctly. Jeff Niles did all the leg work already :D.

I think from now on we should have a secondary location set up (McD's, Starbuck's, Etc) just in case it's needed. If we continue to have outside interference we may have to give general locations and pass the details through IM's.

davegran

Headline: "Gunfights Don't Break Out!

I just got back from Culver's in Newville and I'm happy to report that the only thing that broke out was laughter and general merriment. We had an excellent turnout that went over 50 people, including MKEgal spreading the love from Brookfield.... (She was giving out fresh $5 bills...)

This picture shows only part of the banquet room we were in because I couldn't get back far enough to show everybody.
30ncg9f.jpg

This next one shows the "Madison Five" minus 1 plus 1
2d8gzdd.jpg

The "arrestees" that showed up today included paul@paul-fisher, Springfield1911, McX, and Motofixxer. MKEgal sat in for Mlutz 'cause she also qualified.

Just look at those faces; what self-respecting cop could suspect them of anything?
2w2gf0p.jpg

Well, o.k. McX does look a little shady.... :D

Last edited:
M

McX

excellent meet! food was good, and the company helped me get over my Culver-a-phobia. even went out to smoke without incident. good to see 4 of us law abiding citizen/victims made a reunion, with a new member of the violated club included. i thought my new gun would give me a less shady look. thanks to everyone for coming, and arranging a good meet, and to Nik for making the trip with goodies for us!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Great event! Thank you Jeff!

This event was one of the best I have attended in quite some time. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new people.

Thanks to Nik for making the trip and signing up some new members. I had two new faces follow us to the event and I believe one of them will join Wisconsin Carry.

Thanks again Jeff for putting this together!

davegran

A monthly affair?

We had such a good time and this Culver's was such a good meeting place with the big conference room, I wondered if there was enough interest to make this a monthly affair? Second Sunday of the month. Did anyone talk to the manager afterward?
11j64hj.jpg

2v2i6pw.jpg

IcrewUH60

this was close enough for me to make a monthly trip out of it. While we couldn't stay the whole time we enjoyed our time there. Talking with other members was a real treat.

Also noted, I think we made history! The first ever OC Meet & Greet at the World's Largest Culvers.

Thanks for organizing this one Jeff. Hopefully I'll get to stay a little later and shake some more hands at the next one.

XDFDE45

I spoke with the manager. She was very pleasant, thanked us for coming and welcomed us back ANY time.
OUTSTANDING!!!! Not sure if I'd be able to make it every month but maybe we could keep this place in mind for a possible summer GTG. With the warmer weather we would be able to use the tables outside if we have a overflow of members.

MKEgal

This might be a better link to say thanks to Culver's:
http://www.culvers.com/contact/specific.aspx?city=Edgerton&state=WI&storeid=287
I think that'll go right to the form.

A nice drive Sunday, good to see people, though I wish I'd circulated a bit more to say hi to people I only see online. Got distracted talking with a couple of fellow "I've been violated" club members... :D

Thanks to the instigator... er... organizer. I don't think I'd make this a monthly trip, but would attend again. It'd make for a nice summer ride. (Like I need an excuse to go for a ride!)