• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OWB XD40 holster

hammer6

I want to start carrying my XD 40 compact on my hip again...i carry it open when i'm in a state that allows it, but i'm stuck with a 7-shot LCP in my pocket when i am home in florida. does anyone CC an XD40 outside their waistband?

Thanks!

emoffit

Hello all. First time poster here. I carry my XD 40 most all the time. I usually CC, but have OC'ed exactly...twice. I'm an OWB man myself. I love the Bianchi Carrylok that holds my XD. I can't get used to IWB.

Superlite27

+1 on the Bianchi Carry-Loc. I've got a model 82 for my XDm 40 and it holds it just where I like it. It's well constructed out of leather instead of that crappy kydex, and positively "clicks" when the firearm is seated.

It takes a little getting used to the release, but once you do it easily becomes muscle memory.

DragonLW

Absolutely!

I carry my XD-40 in one of these...

XD_Stingray.jpg

Python Skin inlay is a bit less expensive than the center cut of Stingray shown here. Nice way to show off the gun.

Links to reviews can be found at www.dragonleatherworks.com