• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OCDO Forum is Now Facebook Connected

chrsjhnsn

facebook is pretty cool if you take the time to learn how to use it.
if someone wants to "friend" me that IDK I don't have to, just like if I meet someone in a coffee shop-if I want to be their friend I might or might not-no biggie

LQM

Facebook links

Can someone tell me how to fix that annoying link? The "Like" link causes the entire page to jump up and down one in every time it changes.

okiephlyer

Like everything else in life FB is what you make of it. I use it as a tool, for my own reasons and in my own way. It is not intrusive, not time consuming and my life does not revolve around it.

since9

Campaign Veteran
FB is not an ethical (just my opinion) firm.

As a business undergrad, I share your opinion. As an IT guy, I (as do most IT folks) have serious concerns about their security and respect for people's privacy.

They're in it for the money, folks, and when people batten down the security hatches so their personal information cannot be seen by anyone other than their friends, FB doesn't make any money selling that information to third party companies. There's a reason FB changed it's security options in January and again just yesterday -- it shakes up the profiles, exposing loads of previously-hidden personal information. Unless one stays on top of it, of course. Even then...

Given the nature of this website, most of our members are strongly opposed to even the possibility of a security leak.

DWCook

Activist Member
I no longer use facebook as I find that type of social site a bit old. Too much SPAM and people on there use facebook like a religion, farmville, etc. Yes I know you can set your options and such but I don't want to hassle over a profile site.