Thread: My holsters and accessories

My holsters and accessories

My carry kit:

Questions, comments, suggestions?

For Glock 19:
    Three 15 round magazines and two 33 round magazines.
    Galco; leather pancake, OWB
    Blackhawk; SERPA Level 2 Retention, OWB (belt or paddle)
    InSight tactical rail light (not compatible with my holsters, but is installed when at home)
    Homemade; belt magazine holster for two spares, 15 round magazines.
    Remington Golden Saber HPJ, 147 gr. 9mm Luger
    Winchester T-Series, 147 gr. 9mm Luger

For Kel-Tec PF-9:
    One 7 round magazine.
    Galco; leather, IWB (also works well in front jean pocket)
    Homemade; nylon, velcro, and button-strap, ankle
    Remington Golden Saber HPJ, 147 gr. 9mm Luger
    Winchester T-Series, 147 gr. 9mm Luger

The Glock and the Kel-Tec can be simultaneously carried on my hips either openly or concealed; with the Glock carried in the Blackhawk, configured for cross-draw, on a belt above my left-front pocket; and the Kel-Tec IWB on my strong-side or with the IWB holster tucked into my right-front pocket. The addition of an over-shirt or jacket completely conceals both handguns, if desired.

So, why not use a cross-draw holster for daily carry?

So, why not use a cross-draw holster for daily carry?
    I do for two reasons.
    First, on the rare occasions when I drive my PU, being a lefty, the door would hit it if it was on my hip and crossdraw carry lets me easily draw it if needed.
    And secondly because of rotator cuff problems I can't draw from a holster on my hip.
    One advantage I have over most people is when riding my mobility scooter, my right arm semi blocks the view of my XD40 (in a Serpa holster) from peoples view.

Virginiatuck, your carry kit is inspiring. I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 with 5 rounds and occasionally additional ammo. I usually feel confident when I have it, but now I feel inadequate. My Ruger is holstered in a D.M. Bullard "Dual Carry" Holster, very nice for a 3" SP101.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Big E View Post
    Virginiatuck, your carry kit is inspiring. I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 with 5 rounds and occasionally additional ammo. I usually feel confident when I have it, but now I feel inadequate. My Ruger is holstered in a D.M. Bullard "Dual Carry" Holster, very nice for a 3" SP101.
    Don't feel inadequate. I'm one of the good guys. Besides, I didn't mean to imply that I carry all of those magazines at the same time. I should have noted that the 33 round magazines are not carried regularly. Actually, the only place I ever use them is at the range. They're handy for a lazy day at the range (less reloads). I typically have just the two shorter ones with the Glock. Nevertheless, it's quite a few more than 5 rounds.

Has anyone out there used the cargo-pant-pocket holsters for the Kel-Tec and Kahr 9mm's? (I know, not OC)
    Last edited by virginiatuck; 01-19-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Not the pistols you listed, but I have a cargo pocket holster for my G27.
    It is fine for walking around a mall, or driving, but if having to move quickly it bangs into my thigh/knee.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriver1.8t View Post
    Not the pistols you listed, but I have a cargo pocket holster for my G27.
    It is fine for walking around a mall, or driving, but if having to move quickly it bangs into my thigh/knee.
    Perhaps a poor choice of words...

Thanks for the info.