• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My holsters and accessories

virginiatuck

My carry kit:

Questions, comments, suggestions?

For Glock 19:
Three 15 round magazines and two 33 round magazines.
Galco; leather pancake, OWB
Blackhawk; SERPA Level 2 Retention, OWB (belt or paddle)
InSight tactical rail light (not compatible with my holsters, but is installed when at home)
Homemade; belt magazine holster for two spares, 15 round magazines.
Remington Golden Saber HPJ, 147 gr. 9mm Luger
Winchester T-Series, 147 gr. 9mm Luger

For Kel-Tec PF-9:
One 7 round magazine.
Galco; leather, IWB (also works well in front jean pocket)
Homemade; nylon, velcro, and button-strap, ankle
Remington Golden Saber HPJ, 147 gr. 9mm Luger
Winchester T-Series, 147 gr. 9mm Luger

The Glock and the Kel-Tec can be simultaneously carried on my hips either openly or concealed; with the Glock carried in the Blackhawk, configured for cross-draw, on a belt above my left-front pocket; and the Kel-Tec IWB on my strong-side or with the IWB holster tucked into my right-front pocket. The addition of an over-shirt or jacket completely conceals both handguns, if desired.

So, why not use a cross-draw holster for daily carry?

jeeper1

So, why not use a cross-draw holster for daily carry?
I do for two reasons.
First, on the rare occasions when I drive my PU, being a lefty, the door would hit it if it was on my hip and crossdraw carry lets me easily draw it if needed.
And secondly because of rotator cuff problems I can't draw from a holster on my hip.
One advantage I have over most people is when riding my mobility scooter, my right arm semi blocks the view of my XD40 (in a Serpa holster) from peoples view.

VA Big E

Virginiatuck, your carry kit is inspiring. I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 with 5 rounds and occasionally additional ammo. I usually feel confident when I have it, but now I feel inadequate. My Ruger is holstered in a D.M. Bullard "Dual Carry" Holster, very nice for a 3" SP101.

virginiatuck

Virginiatuck, your carry kit is inspiring. I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 with 5 rounds and occasionally additional ammo. I usually feel confident when I have it, but now I feel inadequate. My Ruger is holstered in a D.M. Bullard "Dual Carry" Holster, very nice for a 3" SP101.

Don't feel inadequate. I'm one of the good guys. Besides, I didn't mean to imply that I carry all of those magazines at the same time. I should have noted that the 33 round magazines are not carried regularly. Actually, the only place I ever use them is at the range. They're handy for a lazy day at the range (less reloads). I typically have just the two shorter ones with the Glock. Nevertheless, it's quite a few more than 5 rounds.

Has anyone out there used the cargo-pant-pocket holsters for the Kel-Tec and Kahr 9mm's? (I know, not OC)

Last edited: