Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayfair Mall Incident Under Investigation

Mayfair Mall Incident Under Investigation

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

THAT is about as vague as a story gets!

Earlier they quoted 2 people who said they did hear a gunshot
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Earlier they quoted 2 people who said they did hear a gunshot
    Not possible. Guns are banned in the mall.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wauwatosa police confirm gun fired outside Mayfair Mall

Below is the link to the full story. There were multiple incidents going on within and outside the Mall

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/112807564.html

No Guns Allowed, Glad to see that policy is working

Just another confirmation why I won't be shopping at Mayfair....perhaps a letter of thanks to the owners for their Gun Free Zone, with the link to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

Contact to Mayfair

What I just fired off to Mayfair via their website...

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick thank you to your mall for making it easier for me to save my money, as I will never shop at your property or any property owned by you when you have a gun free zone. You have created this gun free zone to ensure the safety of your customers, and I'm glad to hear that it's been working. I'm pleased to know that there will never be any gun related violence on your mall property. I've even linked to a video here that will show you how effective your gun free zone can be if done properly.

I am not alone in my thoughts, and I assure you that I am not the only one who has chosen to NOT shop at your mall.

Criminals don't care about gun free zones, they don't care about signs, rules, laws, etc... Your gun free zone is creating a haven for criminals to hunt out the easy targets, which would be all your shoppers. The criminals can rest easy with the knowledge that they will not encounter anyone who is able to defend themselves due to your gun free zone.

Please advise me if you ever change your policy to be in accordance with what the law allows us non-criminals to do at your competitors...carry guns for OUR protection against the criminals that you've welcomed with open arms, and sidearms.

Quote Originally Posted by icepik View Post

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick thank you to your mall for making it easier for me to save my money, as I will never shop at your property or any property owned by you when you have a gun free zone. You have created this gun free zone to ensure the safety of your customers, and I'm glad to hear that it's been working. I'm pleased to know that there will never be any gun related violence on your mall property. I've even linked to a video here that will show you how effective your gun free zone can be if done properly.

I am not alone in my thoughts, and I assure you that I am not the only one who has chosen to NOT shop at your mall.

Criminals don't care about gun free zones, they don't care about signs, rules, laws, etc... Your gun free zone is creating a haven for criminals to hunt out the easy targets, which would be all your shoppers. The criminals can rest easy with the knowledge that they will not encounter anyone who is able to defend themselves due to your gun free zone.

Please advise me if you ever change your policy to be in accordance with what the law allows us non-criminals to do at your competitors...carry guns for OUR protection against the criminals that you've welcomed with open arms, and sidearms.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

There is a lot of speculation on what happened. Some think it might have been a "flash mob" incident, some think the fights at both ends of the mall might have been coordinated, some think it was random. The gun shot outside is reported to be an armed robbery attempt, didn't say if the shot was fired by the robber(s) or the victim.

Mayfair management released a press release stating that they are making procedural changes and that the mall is still a safe place to shop.

On a side note, this is the second or third mobbing incident recently where the police released little or no information to the press or the public until a day or week later.

I suppose we're just supposed to pretend things are safe and rosey. As long as we're not a direct victim I guess we're to act like it's none of our business. We had four grandkids at Mayfair Mall when this happened. Mayfair could become the next Northridge and Capitol Court.

Quote Originally Posted by treebound View Post
    There is a lot of speculation on what happened. Some think it might have been a "flash mob" incident, some think the fights at both ends of the mall might have been coordinated, some think it was random. The gun shot outside is reported to be an armed robbery attempt, didn't say if the shot was fired by the robber(s) or the victim.

Mayfair management released a press release stating that they are making procedural changes and that the mall is still a safe place to shop.

On a side note, this is the second or third mobbing incident recently where the police released little or no information to the press or the public until a day or week later.

I suppose we're just supposed to pretend things are safe and rosey. As long as we're not a direct victim I guess we're to act like it's none of our business. We had four grandkids at Mayfair Mall when this happened. Mayfair could become the next Northridge and Capitol Court.
    I notice this more and more everyday... the control of the "subjects" by the ruling class through denial of information.

I mean, we're all just dump arses anyway right? We shouldn't concern ourselves with the complicated matters of the government. Shut up, get in line and pay your taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    We shouldn't concern ourselves with the complicated matters of the government. Shut up, get in line and pay your taxes.
    What is there to worry about, after all we have P BO looking out for us, he will give us everything we need.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 01-04-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Not possible. Guns are banned in the mall.
    Oh.. another gun free zone~!

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The (US) Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters . . . but they mean to be masters."
    [Daniel Webster]

Who is Your Master?

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by treebound View Post
    Mayfair could become the next Northridge and Capitol Court.
    it is already well on it's way in my opinion. What do you think turned Capitol Court and northridge into dangerous dumps in the first place?

How close is Mayfair to the ghetto?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Not far at all unfortunately. There is a Dave and Buster's that open up just a block or two away but I have heard that a LOT of the brothers hang out there.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Probably a scuffle between rival gangs. Why can't they kill each other elsewhere? How rude.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Close to the ghetto has nothing to do with crime in Milwaukee anymore,

Lets use "Leon's Custard" as a prime example, many believe Leon's was the basis of the TV show "Happy Days" when it is in fact "Trudy's Drive-In" located a few blocks west.

Anyways, leans was a great area, parents with young children there in the summer late at night with zero worries, it was a great place.

Then what happened? How or why did the criminal element find it's way there? No Shootings happen at Leon's fairly regularly from what I hear. It is not worth the danger involved to go there anymore. How did this happen, people not standing up to the scum in the first place!! If you allow scum to stay, they will take over. I think Mayfair, and earlier Capitol Court, and Northridge malls shows Mayfair's present and near FUTURE.

"Being politically correct is going to be the death of this country" - Author Unknown

Mark Belling interviewed the mayor of Wauwatosa who said it's a Mayfair problem, not a city problem.

Also, the guy running (ruining) Mayfair is the same sack of crap that ran Grand Avenue mall into the dirt. He is famous for not getting tough on dirtbags.

Don't worry! Mayfair has a plan!

http://www.wisn.com/news/26367903/detail.html

People 17 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult 21 or older beginning at 3 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and now Sundays.
    Like this is going to do anything at all?!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Don't worry! Mayfair has a plan!

http://www.wisn.com/news/26367903/detail.html

Like this is going to do anything at all?!

Aren't people 17 years and younger also prohibited from purchasing firearms already? How many ways do they need to ban classes of people before they realize how silly their efforts are?

Response from Mayfair

Hello,

Just got this reply from Mayfair. Thought I'd share this here. I'll post my reply to them in a moment.

Jason,

On behalf of the Mayfair Management Team, thank you for your comment concerning Mayfair. We have enjoyed a longstanding relationship with our valued guests and they have a true passion about the success of Mayfair. This is reflected in the volume of comments we have received, like yours, wanting to share their thoughts, suggestions or concerns.

Let us stress that the safety and security of our guests are always our top priority and as we have shown repeatedly, we will not tolerate any behavior that compromises that safety. As a result of the incident that occurred earlier this month, we immediately expanded our successful Parental Guidance Required program to include Sundays as well. We have, and will continue to review, other operational and public safety measures to maximize our effectiveness each and every day.

We know that your confidence in Mayfair is critical to our long term success. As we continue to make Mayfair the center of choice for Southeastern Wisconsin, know that we will continue to refine everything we do in leasing, operations, marketing and management to meet or exceed your expectations.

Kate Ochowicz
    Marketing Manager
    Mayfair
    2500 N Mayfair Rd. Wauwatosa, WI 53226
    Work: 414.443.5108
    Cell: 312.415.0126
    Fax: 414.771.1034

My response back to Mayfair

Just got this reply from Mayfair. Thought I'd share this here. I'll post my reply to them in a moment.

Jason,

On behalf of the Mayfair Management Team, thank you for your comment concerning Mayfair. We have enjoyed a longstanding relationship with our valued guests and they have a true passion about the success of Mayfair. This is reflected in the volume of comments we have received, like yours, wanting to share their thoughts, suggestions or concerns.

Let us stress that the safety and security of our guests are always our top priority and as we have shown repeatedly, we will not tolerate any behavior that compromises that safety. As a result of the incident that occurred earlier this month, we immediately expanded our successful Parental Guidance Required program to include Sundays as well. We have, and will continue to review, other operational and public safety measures to maximize our effectiveness each and every day.

We know that your confidence in Mayfair is critical to our long term success. As we continue to make Mayfair the center of choice for Southeastern Wisconsin, know that we will continue to refine everything we do in leasing, operations, marketing and management to meet or exceed your expectations.

Kate Ochowicz
    Marketing Manager
    Mayfair
    Here's my response back to Mayfair. I'll post any replies I get.

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Since you mention the safety and security of your guests is always a top priority, does that mean you will be removing the firearm ban currently in place for your mall?

Currently, the State of Wisconsin allows itís law abiding citizens to openly carry a firearm for his/her protection. However, the policy you have in place is stripping that legal right from citizens that wish to shop at your mall, thus leaving them vulnerable and unable to protect themselves from the non-law abiding citizens who choose to carry a firearm illegally. Because of your policy which removes my legal rights, I will not shop in your mall, just as thousands of other law-abiding citizens have also made the choice to not shop at your mall.

Donít get me wrong, you are not alone in your policy to strip us of our legal rights, just as you are not alone in the long list of retailers we refuse to shop at that is being circulated on a regular basis throughout the State of Wisconsin.

Please advise me if you will be changing your policy to conform with State Law and I will be happy to forward this information so your mall can be removed from that previously mentioned list.

Also, please be advised that your policy does nothing but hurt the law-abiding citizens and does NOT protect your customers as your original intention.

Thank you in advance for your expected response.

Jason Lillis

While I applaud your efforts I would be really surprised if you got anywhere with corporate chimpanzees who throw out BS like "Parental Guidance Required program".

Manager School 101: When the chimps are down throw out bigger words!

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Recent reply from the Mall

Jason,

I appreciate your response. We do not currently have plans to remove the fire arm ban in effect here at Mayfair. As a private property we are within our legal right to enforce such rules and are fully in compliance with state laws. If we elect to change this rule in the future we will be sure to let you know.

Thank you again for your feedback,
    Kate

Kate Ochowicz
    Marketing Manager
    Mayfair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast