• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayfair Mall Incident Under Investigation

XDFDE45

Earlier they quoted 2 people who said they did hear a gunshot
dontknow.gif

icepik

Contact to Mayfair

What I just fired off to Mayfair via their website...

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick thank you to your mall for making it easier for me to save my money, as I will never shop at your property or any property owned by you when you have a gun free zone. You have created this gun free zone to ensure the safety of your customers, and I'm glad to hear that it's been working. I'm pleased to know that there will never be any gun related violence on your mall property. I've even linked to a video here that will show you how effective your gun free zone can be if done properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

I am not alone in my thoughts, and I assure you that I am not the only one who has chosen to NOT shop at your mall.

Criminals don't care about gun free zones, they don't care about signs, rules, laws, etc... Your gun free zone is creating a haven for criminals to hunt out the easy targets, which would be all your shoppers. The criminals can rest easy with the knowledge that they will not encounter anyone who is able to defend themselves due to your gun free zone.

Please advise me if you ever change your policy to be in accordance with what the law allows us non-criminals to do at your competitors...carry guns for OUR protection against the criminals that you've welcomed with open arms, and sidearms.

XDFDE45

What I just fired off to Mayfair via their website...

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick thank you to your mall for making it easier for me to save my money, as I will never shop at your property or any property owned by you when you have a gun free zone. You have created this gun free zone to ensure the safety of your customers, and I'm glad to hear that it's been working. I'm pleased to know that there will never be any gun related violence on your mall property. I've even linked to a video here that will show you how effective your gun free zone can be if done properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

I am not alone in my thoughts, and I assure you that I am not the only one who has chosen to NOT shop at your mall.

Criminals don't care about gun free zones, they don't care about signs, rules, laws, etc... Your gun free zone is creating a haven for criminals to hunt out the easy targets, which would be all your shoppers. The criminals can rest easy with the knowledge that they will not encounter anyone who is able to defend themselves due to your gun free zone.

Please advise me if you ever change your policy to be in accordance with what the law allows us non-criminals to do at your competitors...carry guns for OUR protection against the criminals that you've welcomed with open arms, and sidearms.
eusa_clap.gif

treebound

There is a lot of speculation on what happened. Some think it might have been a "flash mob" incident, some think the fights at both ends of the mall might have been coordinated, some think it was random. The gun shot outside is reported to be an armed robbery attempt, didn't say if the shot was fired by the robber(s) or the victim.

Mayfair management released a press release stating that they are making procedural changes and that the mall is still a safe place to shop.

On a side note, this is the second or third mobbing incident recently where the police released little or no information to the press or the public until a day or week later.

I suppose we're just supposed to pretend things are safe and rosey. As long as we're not a direct victim I guess we're to act like it's none of our business. We had four grandkids at Mayfair Mall when this happened. Mayfair could become the next Northridge and Capitol Court.

anmut

There is a lot of speculation on what happened. Some think it might have been a "flash mob" incident, some think the fights at both ends of the mall might have been coordinated, some think it was random. The gun shot outside is reported to be an armed robbery attempt, didn't say if the shot was fired by the robber(s) or the victim.

Mayfair management released a press release stating that they are making procedural changes and that the mall is still a safe place to shop.

On a side note, this is the second or third mobbing incident recently where the police released little or no information to the press or the public until a day or week later.

I suppose we're just supposed to pretend things are safe and rosey. As long as we're not a direct victim I guess we're to act like it's none of our business. We had four grandkids at Mayfair Mall when this happened. Mayfair could become the next Northridge and Capitol Court.

I notice this more and more everyday... the control of the "subjects" by the ruling class through denial of information.

I mean, we're all just dump arses anyway right? We shouldn't concern ourselves with the complicated matters of the government. Shut up, get in line and pay your taxes.

XDFDE45

Not far at all unfortunately. There is a Dave and Buster's that open up just a block or two away but I have heard that a LOT of the brothers hang out there.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Close to the ghetto has nothing to do with crime in Milwaukee anymore,

Lets use "Leon's Custard" as a prime example, many believe Leon's was the basis of the TV show "Happy Days" when it is in fact "Trudy's Drive-In" located a few blocks west.

Anyways, leans was a great area, parents with young children there in the summer late at night with zero worries, it was a great place.

Then what happened? How or why did the criminal element find it's way there? No Shootings happen at Leon's fairly regularly from what I hear. It is not worth the danger involved to go there anymore. How did this happen, people not standing up to the scum in the first place!! If you allow scum to stay, they will take over. I think Mayfair, and earlier Capitol Court, and Northridge malls shows Mayfair's present and near FUTURE.

"Being politically correct is going to be the death of this country" - Author Unknown

oak1971

Mark Belling interviewed the mayor of Wauwatosa who said it's a Mayfair problem, not a city problem.

Also, the guy running (ruining) Mayfair is the same sack of crap that ran Grand Avenue mall into the dirt. He is famous for not getting tough on dirtbags.