• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show Sunday!!!

autoxr84

I know it has been discussed(some what) but I wanna get a head count to who all is gonna make it out to the gun show Sunday at Heritage Hall? I got one tentative gonna be there but the more the merrier! If anyone else is wanting to meet up there, meet some new faces and try to get an educational/helpful group on KY started it would be great. I would say meet up about 11-12 since it's over at 4:00. Afterwards we could all go grab a bite somewhere and see how things go.

And if you open carry I have been told they WILL zip tie your gun and it may be unable to be holstered bc of the extra thickness. (Kind of a wierd thing to do I know...) I am one of those people that would have that problem. I am not 100% about that so don't hold me to that. I have only heard that so don't be mad if I'm wrong. But this is primarily to get a group together, meet new faces, and see where things go for a OC group in KY! So just let me know! Thanks!!!

Admission is $10 for adults, $3 for kids 6-12, and free for kids under 6. And you can get a dollar off admission by going to http://www.rkshows.com/!

Last edited:

autoxr84

And people wonder why "guns" are dangerous... It's a shame that one person, like that man, can do the wrong thing once and ruin things for everyone else. But you have a whole lot more patience then I got. I would have been gone the first time it was pointed at me. lol

But that would be great to meet up! A PM has been sent your way gutshot.

bigdodge25

I went saturday to the show and my cousin carried his in a holster and nobody even checked his gun or asked to see if it was loaded, eventhough he didnt have it loaded.

PT111

I'll be there and would love to meet up with you. Zip tieing guns is standard procedure at all gun shows I've ever attended (and that's a lot). This is a Kenny Woods show and I guarantee you all guns will be checked, but on the honor system. There will be no searches. I guess it could keep some guns from fitting into some holsters, but I've never had that problem. I've had a few tight fits, but could always adjust the zip tie enough to make it fit. I agree with this practice. A holstered gun is never a problem, but at gun shows too many people are handling them, passing them back and forth, pointing them, sweeping the muzzle on everyone. Too many unsafe practices to have unchecked guns. Also no loose ammo, no magazines with ammo, no speed loaders with ammo. Empty mags. are fine. All ammo in factory boxes. This doesn't make much sense. Once inside you can buy all the ammo you want. Once, in Louisville, I approached a man offering a handgun for sale outside the gun show(no zip tie). I moved three times during our discussion because he kept pointing it at me. Finally, I stepped around behind him and told him he'd have a better chance of selling it if he'd stop pointing it at his customers. He was really shocked and said, "Why, it's not loaded." I just walked off.

If the zip tie will cause a problem with holstering your gun possibly the tie can be placed in a different position to be able to work around it. If you are trying to fit a holster my experience has been that most dealers will cut the tie long enough for you to test it out and place a new tie on it. YMMV

A also agree with the practice because in my experience the majority of those attending the shows have no real idea of safe gun handling and too many handling guns. Sad to say that the experience with the fellow trying to sell the unloaded gun represents the attitude of the majority rather than the minority. "If I think it isn't loaded then there is no reason for anyone else to think it is loaded and it is perfectly safe". Many people are killed every year with "unloaded" guns and until we can convince the public that those guns weren't really unloaded the Brady Bunch has another tool in their chest. Every time a gun goes off at a gun show it hurts our cause. Seeing what goes on a gun shows I hate to think what it would be if everyone were allowed to walk around with loaded guns by their sides.

autoxr84

I'm wrong...

I just checked my holster and I got a little more room than I thought. I could probably put the head of the tie in line with the front sight. So I will probably carry now. :D But no problem with that! But thanks for the info on all that. I am fairly new to open carry, so I'm still learning. Lol

But it is a shame that people really can't handle firearms properly... And not to get off topic, but a prime example is the certain network (don't wanna actually mention just in case I can't) that talked about the Remington 700 "problems". But when talking, the host had the bolt closed and his finger around the trigger. So human error seems to be 99.99% of the problem. Sorry to get off topic there just venting a little. :banghead:

neuroblades

Every gunshow I've attended at this site, they zip tie down the side of the sidearm, through the barrel, if you have an empty mag in the well. If you don't have a mag in place, they usually zip tie through the chamber and down through the magwell. Personally, I've never had an issue with my sidearm not fitting in the holsters I use (Galco Jackass Rig & Galco summer Comforter 2). If you have a larger holster, you might wish to wear it, just in case because having to hand carry your sidearm is a real drag! *LOL*

Sadly, I will not be able to make this particular gunshow on this date due to the holiday's and financial situations. I reaslly wish that I could make it though, I'd love to have the chance to meet & greet, perhaps the next gunshow.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Gotta work

Its supposed to snow this weekend apparently so im scheduled to work all day sat. and sun. so i will not be able to make it. However we need to figure out if we can get more people to meet up next weekend or sumptin and get a oc club going. We gotta have more than just 2. btw, i checked on the newspaper add, its $60 for one week. I havent been able to check prices on cards and brochures, how bout u>??

autoxr84

I'll be there for sure

I will be there too. So it will be three total. Like I said we could meet up about 11-12 whatever works for everybody. Just chime in and see what works. Sorry you couldn't make it kyglockster but we will definatly get something going soon.

Flanders007

tshirts for sale at show?

anyone know if there is a 'tshirt' guy that is at the show? I know that I have been to the shows in WA and OR and there is always a guy who sells a ton of shirts... bumper stickers and the like...

if anyone could help me out, if you know the person, or if you could have them contact me... it will be worth their time... and yours...

whoever can help me out, there is a free tshirt in it for you!

www.ilovegunsandcoffee.com

carry on!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
koc meets

Think you could post meeting times and places on here as well? I wouldnt mind attending them, also, if its pretty next weekend we should all try and meet up again, if everyone is ok with the finances now....I know im just now caught up....somewhat>haha

autoxr84

Gun Show was Great!!!

Went to the gun show Sunday and I loved it! The only downer was I was on limited fund to get anything, but the reason for that is because my girlfriend wanted to get a gun. And she found one! And I got to meet gutshot which was a pleasure! But this weekend would be good for me to meet up. Sunday like always? Anyone else interested?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Whatd she get.

Did you purchase her a gun, or did she just find the one she wanted? What is it>? Yea id like to meet up this weekend and do some things. We need to figure out what our cards and brochures willl say, and ill get some printed up. Im going to do the paper too. It wont hurt to get it out there and let people know they can help us get the word out...

autoxr84

Unfortuneatly...

Yeah, I bought her one this past weekend. It is the Taurus PT-22. :banghead: So please don't hate on me for it, I tried to talk her out of it! But it had the pink pearl grip. But I guess its not a bad one to start her out in, but I wish she would have got at least a .380. But I will print off a B&W copy off what the brocure would look like and go from there. I will also call and get an estimate as to how much the business cards will cost. But say Hardee's in Morehead about noon? Anyone else wanna come?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
One more for the cause

Hey nobody should hate on you for buying her a sub caliber gun. Atleast she is willing to start, and thats all that matters. A 22 is the best caliber there is to start someone out with, and ive never heard of someone being willing to get shot with a 22 but not a .380. I say way to go for getting a woman involved, there should be more, alot more. Hardees is fine with me, what about everyone else??? We need more ppl to attend