Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Cop. 168 N

New Years Cop. 168 N

Hey everyone. Im a 25 year old guy who oc's everywhere and Always Carrys. Well on my way back home from North carolina new years day i got pulled over for speeding. Officer bonehead approches me and asks for license and regristration. My Glock was on the dash and loaded. in my holster. just took it off my side so he didnt freak out. i handed him my info and told him about my weapon on the dash. this guy freaks out. drew his weapon pulled me out of the car and freaked the heck out on me. he went on and on about how i have to have a cwp and because im not a cop i cant carry a gun in va or nc. so i went on to tell him what the constitution of the United Stated of America said. He got so pissed at me. So at this point I played the dumb guy act and asked him what va and nc laws were. he told me that he could take me to jail right there for carrying a loaded weapon in nc. I said why in the hell would i carry an unloaded weapon. that just dosent make any dang since. guys he would not stop. I informed him that i cheaked the laws before i left and i was under the impression i could carry in nc. he made it Verry clear that unless your a leo you cant carry any firearm in either state. We argued gun laws for about ten minuites on 168 N. he told me that in va i cant carry into my bank unless im a leo guys i lost it. unless there is a sign on the door i can OC. He got so frustrated at me for knowing the laws he never even wrote me a ticket. My sister was in the front seat of my truck with her hands up the whole time and got a kick out of me going toe to toe with a cop. so when it was all said and done he put my weapon in my tool box in the bed of my truck kept my ammo and sent me on my way. thank god i had a box of .40 hollow points under my seat. Keep on Carrying Everywhere.
    Drew

Jurisdiction?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    Jurisdiction?
    Venue actually..but yeah, where did this travesty of justice take place.

Details always help separate the wheat from the straw.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbmx04 View Post
    Hey everyone. Im a 25 year old guy who oc's everywhere and Always Carrys. Well on my way back home from North carolina new years day i got pulled over for speeding. Officer bonehead approches me and asks for license and regristration. My Glock was on the dash and loaded. in my holster. just took it off my side so he didnt freak out. i handed him my info and told him about my weapon on the dash. this guy freaks out. drew his weapon pulled me out of the car and freaked the heck out on me. he went on and on about how i have to have a cwp and because im not a cop i cant carry a gun in va or nc. so i went on to tell him what the constitution of the United Stated of America said. He got so pissed at me. So at this point I played the dumb guy act and asked him what va and nc laws were. he told me that he could take me to jail right there for carrying a loaded weapon in nc. I said why in the hell would i carry an unloaded weapon. that just dosent make any dang since. guys he would not stop. I informed him that i cheaked the laws before i left and i was under the impression i could carry in nc. he made it Verry clear that unless your a leo you cant carry any firearm in either state. We argued gun laws for about ten minuites on 168 N. he told me that in va i cant carry into my bank unless im a leo guys i lost it. unless there is a sign on the door i can OC. He got so frustrated at me for knowing the laws he never even wrote me a ticket. My sister was in the front seat of my truck with her hands up the whole time and got a kick out of me going toe to toe with a cop. so when it was all said and done he put my weapon in my tool box in the bed of my truck kept my ammo and sent me on my way. thank god i had a box of .40 hollow points under my seat. Keep on Carrying Everywhere.
    Drew
    It's not easy to pick this out, but from the bolded text in the post, I assume he means somewhere along here:

Northbound on Highway 168 in North Carolina

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Venue actually..but yeah, where did this travesty of justice take place.

Details always help separate the wheat from the straw.
    I agree, it was a massacre of justice on the side of the road. The officer exhibited total lack of knowledge of the law (how can someone enforce something if they have no knowledge?), a flair for the dramatics by drawing his sidearm upon notification of the weapon, and then seized (stole) the ammunition out of the firearm.

That is all provided that the details are true and accurate from the OP. Knowing what jurisdiction (or venue) would help a great deal in framing this thread.

Another black mark against LEO's because of this unforgivable officer's incompetent actions.

A thread worth checking out: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/paragraphs.htm

Good job on schooling the LEO. He was probably a transplant from NY or NJ. I had a run-in with one out here in Washington state.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    A thread worth checking out: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/paragraphs.htm

Good job on schooling the LEO. He was probably a transplant from NY or NJ. I had a run-in with one out here in Washington state.
    Damn Yankees!

Damn Yankees!
    We will need a higher wall... maybe even a piranha filled moat at this rate.

We will need a higher wall... maybe even a piranha filled moat at this rate.
    A moat filled with Holy water would give a good flaming wall as soon a few tried to cross

According to this, it is illegal to carry in a financial institution in NC.

TFred

ETA: I'm not real sure why this was posted in the Virginia forum...
    Last edited by TFred; 01-03-2011 at 03:33 AM.

A moat filled with Holy water would give a good flaming wall as soon a few tried to cross

And like gnats drawn toward open flame, the flaming wall would never extinguish.

And like gnats drawn toward open flame, the flaming wall would never extinguish.
    A flaming memorial to us who had their family gold watch stolen by Custer himself during the burning of the valley.

Did I read the last few lines correctly? the cop STOLE your ammunition? in VIRGINIA, I think its a FELONY to steal anything worth more than $5, but I'm probably wrong and will be corrected SHORTLY...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

well,,,

both virginia and north carolina are Gold Open carry states!
    both states allow car carry as long as the gun is Clearly Visible!
    no crime was committed no matter which state he was driving in.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Anyone else find it odd how we keep getting these stories from someone as their first post, and the story rambles on and is filled with punctuation and spelling errors?? The stories always seem to also have some kind of "The cop freaked out, I schooled the cop on the laws and he stole my ammo" theme.

I'm calling bs on this one. Call me cynical, but I ain't buying it.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Anyone else find it odd how we keep getting these stories from someone as their first post, and the story rambles on and is filled with punctuation and spelling errors?? The stories always seem to also have some kind of "The cop freaked out, I schooled the cop on the laws and he stole my ammo" theme.

I agree sounds fishy.

Go back to my first post Jim.
    Tongue firmly in cheek.

We seem to have a lot of first posters that have been trampled by evil cops in unusual circumstances and almost no details.

Go back to my first post Jim.
    Tongue firmly in cheek.

We seem to have a lot of first posters that have been trampled by evil cops in unusual circumstances and almost no details.
    Must be the same evil cop, making the rounds.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Must be the same evil cop, making the rounds.
    More like Jr. with a Christmas Puter.

More like Jr. with a Christmas Puter.
    Here's hoping that the grinch will cut his internet service...

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Doesnt the gun have to be out of the holster if its on the seat. Or is it for guns that are smaller and only a little part of it is sticking out.

mattwestm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry1981 View Post
    Doesnt the gun have to be out of the holster if its on the seat. Or is it for guns that are smaller and only a little part of it is sticking out.
    My general rule is make sure the firearm is in plain sight. Being either on the dash or on the passenger seat. As long as you can tell it's a holstered firearm, it shouldn't be considered concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    According to this, it is illegal to carry in a financial institution in NC.
    You aren't allowed to carry *concealed* in a financial institution.

Just clearing that up
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

I dont like to call someone a liar unless I have something to back it up, but, this story does sound fishy. Ive OCed for more than 2 yrs now, and I mean every chance I got. Never have I had any bad experience. "Knock on wood"

I' sure that "dcbmx04" had his digital voice recorder rolling, and caught the entire event on audio (at least).

And I'm sure that when his FOIA request for the officer's dash cam video comes through, he will be posting it on YouTube, right after he filed his Federal 1983 Civil Rights Violation suit, which should be a "gimme" with video and audio evidence to back up his claims...

We're waiting with bated breath...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast