• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Years Cop. 168 N

dcbmx04

Hey everyone. Im a 25 year old guy who oc's everywhere and Always Carrys. Well on my way back home from North carolina new years day i got pulled over for speeding. Officer bonehead approches me and asks for license and regristration. My Glock was on the dash and loaded. in my holster. just took it off my side so he didnt freak out. i handed him my info and told him about my weapon on the dash. this guy freaks out. drew his weapon pulled me out of the car and freaked the heck out on me. he went on and on about how i have to have a cwp and because im not a cop i cant carry a gun in va or nc. so i went on to tell him what the constitution of the United Stated of America said. He got so pissed at me. So at this point I played the dumb guy act and asked him what va and nc laws were. he told me that he could take me to jail right there for carrying a loaded weapon in nc. I said why in the hell would i carry an unloaded weapon. that just dosent make any dang since. guys he would not stop. I informed him that i cheaked the laws before i left and i was under the impression i could carry in nc. he made it Verry clear that unless your a leo you cant carry any firearm in either state. We argued gun laws for about ten minuites on 168 N. he told me that in va i cant carry into my bank unless im a leo guys i lost it. unless there is a sign on the door i can OC. He got so frustrated at me for knowing the laws he never even wrote me a ticket. My sister was in the front seat of my truck with her hands up the whole time and got a kick out of me going toe to toe with a cop. so when it was all said and done he put my weapon in my tool box in the bed of my truck kept my ammo and sent me on my way. thank god i had a box of .40 hollow points under my seat. Keep on Carrying Everywhere.
Drew

TFred

Hey everyone. Im a 25 year old guy who oc's everywhere and Always Carrys. Well on my way back home from North carolina new years day i got pulled over for speeding. Officer bonehead approches me and asks for license and regristration. My Glock was on the dash and loaded. in my holster. just took it off my side so he didnt freak out. i handed him my info and told him about my weapon on the dash. this guy freaks out. drew his weapon pulled me out of the car and freaked the heck out on me. he went on and on about how i have to have a cwp and because im not a cop i cant carry a gun in va or nc. so i went on to tell him what the constitution of the United Stated of America said. He got so pissed at me. So at this point I played the dumb guy act and asked him what va and nc laws were. he told me that he could take me to jail right there for carrying a loaded weapon in nc. I said why in the hell would i carry an unloaded weapon. that just dosent make any dang since. guys he would not stop. I informed him that i cheaked the laws before i left and i was under the impression i could carry in nc. he made it Verry clear that unless your a leo you cant carry any firearm in either state. We argued gun laws for about ten minuites on 168 N. he told me that in va i cant carry into my bank unless im a leo guys i lost it. unless there is a sign on the door i can OC. He got so frustrated at me for knowing the laws he never even wrote me a ticket. My sister was in the front seat of my truck with her hands up the whole time and got a kick out of me going toe to toe with a cop. so when it was all said and done he put my weapon in my tool box in the bed of my truck kept my ammo and sent me on my way. thank god i had a box of .40 hollow points under my seat. Keep on Carrying Everywhere.
Drew
It's not easy to pick this out, but from the bolded text in the post, I assume he means somewhere along here:

Northbound on Highway 168 in North Carolina

TFred

palerider116

Venue actually:lol:..but yeah, where did this travesty of justice take place.

Details always help separate the wheat from the straw.

I agree, it was a massacre of justice on the side of the road. The officer exhibited total lack of knowledge of the law (how can someone enforce something if they have no knowledge?), a flair for the dramatics by drawing his sidearm upon notification of the weapon, and then seized (stole) the ammunition out of the firearm.

That is all provided that the details are true and accurate from the OP. Knowing what jurisdiction (or venue) would help a great deal in framing this thread.

Another black mark against LEO's because of this unforgivable officer's incompetent actions. :banghead:

MSC 45ACP

Did I read the last few lines correctly? the cop STOLE your ammunition? in VIRGINIA, I think its a FELONY to steal anything worth more than $5, but I'm probably wrong and will be corrected SHORTLY...

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Anyone else find it odd how we keep getting these stories from someone as their first post, and the story rambles on and is filled with punctuation and spelling errors?? The stories always seem to also have some kind of "The cop freaked out, I schooled the cop on the laws and he stole my ammo" theme.

I'm calling bs on this one. Call me cynical, but I ain't buying it.

bwhunter65

Anyone else find it odd how we keep getting these stories from someone as their first post, and the story rambles on and is filled with punctuation and spelling errors?? The stories always seem to also have some kind of "The cop freaked out, I schooled the cop on the laws and he stole my ammo" theme.

I agree sounds fishy.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Go back to my first post Jim.
Tongue firmly in cheek.

We seem to have a lot of first posters that have been trampled by evil cops in unusual circumstances and almost no details.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
More like Jr. with a Christmas Puter.

Here's hoping that the grinch will cut his internet service...

Grinch.jpeg