Thread: OT - Audio/Video recorder

OT - Audio/Video recorder

$14.99 for each unit and $3.00 shipping

A few of us bought units like this last year for over $50

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Mini-DV-Spor...855c03&afsrc=1

• Smallest Pin-hole Camera made especially for spy use
    • Latest version 3 in 1 function: video&sound record, camera, webcam
    • External Memory: support 1~16GB Micro-SD/TF card(no memory card included in this item)
    • Video format: AVI (720 x 480 30fps)
    • Easy connection with PC/Laptops. And playback videos on your PC, and support PC camera(webcam)
    • Easy operation with LED indicator and easy to use "One Touch" record button
    • Wild use filed, can be used as USB storage device, USB Plug & Play compatible
    • Built-in rechargeable high volume Lithium-ion Battery
    • Battery Up Time: Approx 1~4 hours
    • Real time record any video and audio evidence instantaneously

Packing include:

• 1 x Mini DV
    • 1 x A Set of Bracket(3pcs)
    • 1 x Charger
    • 1 x USB Cable
    • 1 x Disk
    • 1 x Belt
    • 1 x Silicone Case
    • Notes: the Micro-SD/TF card is not included!!

Has anyone dealt with this new seller?

Shipping and handling
    Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
    Shipping to: Worldwide
    Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates, APO/FPO, Africa, Middle East, South America, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Taiwan, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Korea, South, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Thanks Bill, I am going to get a couple trying to record with my phone is not working good for me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

ships from hong kong in my experince takes 2-5 week's good price but if anything craps out and you need to send it back shipping will cost more than you paid for the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by kameron454ci View Post
    ships from hong kong in my experince takes 2-5 week's good price but if anything craps out and you need to send it back shipping will cost more than you paid for the whole thing!
    At that price not too bad of a chance though.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

yeah at that price it's just a throw-away if it breaks...
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

Search "MD80 camera" for the same ones even cheaper...which I think are all copy-cats of the Veho Muvi. I haven't tried either yet, but when I looked into it, the comparisons were showing that the knock-offs were crap in low-light and may film at a slower frame rate, but with enough light are about on-par with the real deal. Worth a shot. So cheap you can buy a few and leave one in your car, one in your pocket, etc etc.

I surely hope no one gets burned on this offer, it just sounds to good to be true.

Such a low price and look at all the restricted areas, why I ask?

Shipping and handling
    Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
    Shipping to: Worldwide

Excludes:

• Alaska
    • Hawaii,
    • US Protectorates,
    • APO/FPO,
    • Africa,
    • Middle East,
    • South America,
    • Brunei Darussalam,
    • Cambodia,
    • Hong Kong, (they cannot sell it in the country they are selling it from ?)
    • Indonesia,
    • Laos,
    • Macau,
    • Taiwan,
    • Vietnam,
    • Afghanistan,
    • Armenia,
    • Azerbaijan Republic,
    • Bangladesh,
    • Bhutan,
    • China,
    • Georgia,
    • Kazakhstan,
    • Korea,
    • South,
    • Kyrgyzstan,
    • Maldives,
    • Mongolia,
    • Nepal,
    • Pakistan,
    • Sri Lanka,
    • Tajikistan,
    • Turkmenistan,
    • Uzbekistan

Doesn't anyone else wonder why?
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Looks like it has a clip on the back, what have you found to be a practical way to carry it?
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

E-bay

Just do a search on E-bay, there are plenty of US sellers. There are watches, sunglasses, pens, car fobs and etc available. Also look at the sellers feedback, and watch out for outrageous shipping fees. I have purchased many items on e-bay with no problem, just research the item and know what the retail price is normally first. Also check Amazon too, they have some good deals, and their customer service is outstanding.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I've seen electronics like this sold in the past. Cameras were popular in the early days of the Digital Camera. Cheap "knockoffs" that may or may not work.

If I was going to have something like this to make sure I didn't "get the shaft" when being stopped by a LEO, I would consider stepping up to the real deal. Might end up "getting the shaft" twice with a questionable piece like this. First from an officer that doesn't recognize your rights and second by the device that didn't work when you needed it most.

FWIW, I bought one of those cheapie cameras that also came without the SD card (or battery). When I spent almost as much as the camera for an SD card, installed the battery, all I had was a camera that the battery kept going dead on and all the pictures went away with the loss of battery.

For me, NO THANKS! I've lost my innocence on these "Great Deals" from Hong Kong.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I have bought a few things direct from hong kong most worked good. the last thing i bought was a mp3 player with,camera,voice recorder and touch screen it worked great for about three days the problem was it had a built in battery and it would not hold a charge for more than 30min. if you do buy something like this i recommend something that takes AA or AAA batteries

Yes, but look at the $20.00 shipping cost.
    They're over there with their guns!

I ordered 2 of these cameras on Jan 2nd the night the thread was posted. I received 2 cameras today in the mail.
    I am very impressed with the accessories that came with the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    I am very impressed with the accessories that came with the camera.
    and the cameras themselves?
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

Watch cam

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just got this and works great. The video is good and sound is also great. Feel good on the arm and looks great.

The blue light go off when recording so you can not tell its a cam.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_dave View Post
    and the cameras themselves?
    great video and the audio is much much better than my same style camera made by "Muvi" that I paid 4xs as much.

For those that got one of these remember to add the "TAG.txt" file to your memory card to correct the date and time on the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    great video and the audio is much much better than my same style camera made by "Muvi" that I paid 4xs as much.

For those that got one of these remember to add the "TAG.txt" file to your memory card to correct the date and time on the camera.
    I tried to buy a couple but they wouldn't recognize my prepaid Walmart credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I tried to buy a couple but they wouldn't recognize my prepaid Walmart credit card.
    Unfortunately, most if not all of those prepaid cards I have seen contain fine print that says they cannot be used for international purchases. I assume that it has to do with potential money laundering.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    The one from this seller is no longer available, but I ordered two from a different seller for $14.55 each with free shipping. This seller (the one I used) has overwhelmingly good feedback.
    Last edited by Bookman; 01-19-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Unfortunately, most if not all of those prepaid cards I have seen contain fine print that says they cannot be used for international purchases. I assume that it has to do with potential money laundering.
    Darn. I need a couple of those too. I'll get my cousin to get them, and reimburse him, we have some plans, that need those.