• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Audio/Video recorder

Bill Starks

State Researcher
$14.99 for each unit and $3.00 shipping

A few of us bought units like this last year for over $50

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Mini-DV-Spo...H_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f02855c03&afsrc=1

• Smallest Pin-hole Camera made especially for spy use
  • Latest version 3 in 1 function: video&sound record, camera, webcam
  • External Memory: support 1~16GB Micro-SD/TF card(no memory card included in this item)
  • Video format: AVI (720 x 480 30fps)
  • Easy connection with PC/Laptops. And playback videos on your PC, and support PC camera(webcam)
  • Easy operation with LED indicator and easy to use "One Touch" record button
  • Wild use filed, can be used as USB storage device, USB Plug & Play compatible
  • Built-in rechargeable high volume Lithium-ion Battery
  • Battery Up Time: Approx 1~4 hours
  • Real time record any video and audio evidence instantaneously
Packing include:

• 1 x Mini DV
  • 1 x A Set of Bracket(3pcs)
  • 1 x Charger
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x Disk
  • 1 x Belt
  • 1 x Silicone Case
  • Notes: the Micro-SD/TF card is not included!!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Has anyone dealt with this new seller?

Shipping and handling
Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Shipping to: Worldwide
Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates, APO/FPO, Africa, Middle East, South America, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Taiwan, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Korea, South, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

skiingislife725

Search "MD80 camera" for the same ones even cheaper...which I think are all copy-cats of the Veho Muvi. I haven't tried either yet, but when I looked into it, the comparisons were showing that the knock-offs were crap in low-light and may film at a slower frame rate, but with enough light are about on-par with the real deal. Worth a shot. So cheap you can buy a few and leave one in your car, one in your pocket, etc etc.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I surely hope no one gets burned on this offer, it just sounds to good to be true.

Such a low price and look at all the restricted areas, why I ask?

Shipping and handling
Item location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Shipping to: Worldwide

Excludes:

• Alaska
  • Hawaii,
  • US Protectorates,
  • APO/FPO,
  • Africa,
  • Middle East,
  • South America,
  • Brunei Darussalam,
  • Cambodia,
  • Hong Kong, (they cannot sell it in the country they are selling it from ?)
  • Indonesia,
  • Laos,
  • Macau,
  • Taiwan,
  • Vietnam,
  • Afghanistan,
  • Armenia,
  • Azerbaijan Republic,
  • Bangladesh,
  • Bhutan,
  • China,
  • Georgia,
  • Kazakhstan,
  • Korea,
  • South,
  • Kyrgyzstan,
  • Maldives,
  • Mongolia,
  • Nepal,
  • Pakistan,
  • Sri Lanka,
  • Tajikistan,
  • Turkmenistan,
  • Uzbekistan
Doesn't anyone else wonder why?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
E-bay

Just do a search on E-bay, there are plenty of US sellers. There are watches, sunglasses, pens, car fobs and etc available. Also look at the sellers feedback, and watch out for outrageous shipping fees. I have purchased many items on e-bay with no problem, just research the item and know what the retail price is normally first. Also check Amazon too, they have some good deals, and their customer service is outstanding.

amlevin

I've seen electronics like this sold in the past. Cameras were popular in the early days of the Digital Camera. Cheap "knockoffs" that may or may not work.

If I was going to have something like this to make sure I didn't "get the shaft" when being stopped by a LEO, I would consider stepping up to the real deal. Might end up "getting the shaft" twice with a questionable piece like this. First from an officer that doesn't recognize your rights and second by the device that didn't work when you needed it most.

FWIW, I bought one of those cheapie cameras that also came without the SD card (or battery). When I spent almost as much as the camera for an SD card, installed the battery, all I had was a camera that the battery kept going dead on and all the pictures went away with the loss of battery.

For me, NO THANKS! I've lost my innocence on these "Great Deals" from Hong Kong.

kameron454ci

I have bought a few things direct from hong kong most worked good. the last thing i bought was a mp3 player with,camera,voice recorder and touch screen it worked great for about three days the problem was it had a built in battery and it would not hold a charge for more than 30min. if you do buy something like this i recommend something that takes AA or AAA batteries

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I ordered 2 of these cameras on Jan 2nd the night the thread was posted. I received 2 cameras today in the mail.
I am very impressed with the accessories that came with the camera.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
and the cameras themselves?

great video and the audio is much much better than my same style camera made by "Muvi" that I paid 4xs as much.

For those that got one of these remember to add the "TAG.txt" file to your memory card to correct the date and time on the camera.

sudden valley gunner

great video and the audio is much much better than my same style camera made by "Muvi" that I paid 4xs as much.

For those that got one of these remember to add the "TAG.txt" file to your memory card to correct the date and time on the camera.

I tried to buy a couple but they wouldn't recognize my prepaid Walmart credit card. :(