Thread: another OC encounter POSITIVE

another OC encounter POSITIVE

After church yesterday i went to Walmart which is right next door. Ran into another church member there. Hes not really a 'friend' but more of an acquaintence. I could easily walk up to him anywhere and start a conversation. Hes also a Dane County Deputy. I was OCing, we then got talking about Walker coming into office and the potential for CC changes. I then mentioned that I OC ALL THE TIME and was at that time. He luaghed, then i showed him, he said he NEVER NOTICED...also told him that the past 3 Sundays I was OCing when i ran into in the same walmart...Says hes NEVER NOTICED! Being inconspicuos is good...epsecially if someone trained to see things misses it.

Yup, when you carry yourself in such a way, most people never notice.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

evidentally im doing it right!

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar

positive / negative?

Last week I was OCing while shopping at Dick's Sporting Goods in Kenosha. Was in there for a while, checking out exercise equipment, hunting clothes, and ammunition (they had a great sale on the last two!) Finally went up to the firearm counter to get some UMC .223 for 8 bucks a box, and the clerk (male, probably late 20's) looked down and said "hey, that's a nice piece - is that a Springfield?" He said those are nice, and told me he'd sold several when he used to work at Jalensky's.

Then he told me that he knew the laws about OC from working there, but a few minutes ago "some people were flippin' out" because of mine, and he calmed them down and told them it was legal. (That's funny - I was being alert, but never heard or sensed any commotion...) We talked about guns for a few minutes, then I took several items up to the front and checked out without further issues. I don't know if the checkout girl noticed my gun or not, but she was very friendly and rang me up with a big smile!

Positive encounter with negative overtones?
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

I had a good encounter with an elderly couple in the China Buffet in Grand Chute yesterday too.The noticed my vet hat and thanked me for my service ,when the lady noticed my side arm she inquired why? after the explanation they agreed and the conversation turned to the attack on all of our rights by the left and went on for about a half hour!
    Great day all in all.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I had a good encounter with an elderly couple in the China Buffet in Grand Chute yesterday too.The noticed my vet hat and thanked me for my service ,when the lady noticed my side arm she inquired why? after the explanation they agreed and the conversation turned to the attack on all of our rights by the left and went on for about a half hour!
    Great day all in all.
    Interesting. Not positive but I do believe they serve beer there.

I like reading this thread just as much as I used to like reading "The Armed Citizen" articles of the American Rifleman. That was the best part of the NRA magazines.

Keep the stories coming.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

coolfrmn
    Good to see people having & posting positive encounters!!!

Educating Wisconsin - One Citizen At A Time

Those were some pretty good OC experiences. Carry on my friends, carry on....
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Canard View Post
    Interesting. Not positive but I do believe they serve beer there.
    Only PEPSI products ! and I prefer COKE damn it !lol no didn't see no beer,sorry.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Yesterday I treated myself to my favorite Chinese buffet, and one of the gals who worked there had lots of questions... starting with "are you police officer?"

No, I'm a regular citizen.

She wanted to know about the laws, and if you had to have paperwork with you when you carry, so we talked a bit & I pointed her to the Wisconsin Carry website, with their link to the WI laws. She said her brother, who owned the restaurant, was thinking about carrying, esp. while at work & making bank deposits. Good for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.