• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another OC encounter POSITIVE

GlockRDH

After church yesterday i went to Walmart which is right next door. Ran into another church member there. Hes not really a 'friend' but more of an acquaintence. I could easily walk up to him anywhere and start a conversation. Hes also a Dane County Deputy. I was OCing, we then got talking about Walker coming into office and the potential for CC changes. I then mentioned that I OC ALL THE TIME and was at that time. He luaghed, then i showed him, he said he NEVER NOTICED...also told him that the past 3 Sundays I was OCing when i ran into in the same walmart...Says hes NEVER NOTICED! Being inconspicuos is good...epsecially if someone trained to see things misses it.

Have Gun - Will Carry

positive / negative?

Last week I was OCing while shopping at Dick's Sporting Goods in Kenosha. Was in there for a while, checking out exercise equipment, hunting clothes, and ammunition (they had a great sale on the last two!) Finally went up to the firearm counter to get some UMC .223 for 8 bucks a box, and the clerk (male, probably late 20's) looked down and said "hey, that's a nice piece - is that a Springfield?" He said those are nice, and told me he'd sold several when he used to work at Jalensky's. :)

Then he told me that he knew the laws about OC from working there, but a few minutes ago "some people were flippin' out" because of mine, and he calmed them down and told them it was legal. (That's funny - I was being alert, but never heard or sensed any commotion...) We talked about guns for a few minutes, then I took several items up to the front and checked out without further issues. I don't know if the checkout girl noticed my gun or not, but she was very friendly and rang me up with a big smile!

Positive encounter with negative overtones?

littlewolf

I had a good encounter with an elderly couple in the China Buffet in Grand Chute yesterday too.The noticed my vet hat and thanked me for my service ,when the lady noticed my side arm she inquired why? after the explanation they agreed and the conversation turned to the attack on all of our rights by the left and went on for about a half hour!
Great day all in all.

Canard

I had a good encounter with an elderly couple in the China Buffet in Grand Chute yesterday too.The noticed my vet hat and thanked me for my service ,when the lady noticed my side arm she inquired why? after the explanation they agreed and the conversation turned to the attack on all of our rights by the left and went on for about a half hour!
Great day all in all.

Interesting. Not positive but I do believe they serve beer there.

Krusty

I like reading this thread just as much as I used to like reading "The Armed Citizen" articles of the American Rifleman. That was the best part of the NRA magazines.

Keep the stories coming.

C

coolfrmn

Good to see people having & posting positive encounters!!!:banana:

MKEgal

Yesterday I treated myself to my favorite Chinese buffet, and one of the gals who worked there had lots of questions... starting with "are you police officer?"

No, I'm a regular citizen.

She wanted to know about the laws, and if you had to have paperwork with you when you carry, so we talked a bit & I pointed her to the Wisconsin Carry website, with their link to the WI laws. She said her brother, who owned the restaurant, was thinking about carrying, esp. while at work & making bank deposits. Good for him.