• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Caliente in Lincoln County!

Georgie6gun

Hello, I'm heading on a trip to Caliente and was wondering if anyone has had any trouble OCing in the town and in any businesses in Caliente?

Thanks

combatcarry

expect no problems

I see open carry in Caliente more commonly than any other area in So. Nev.

Last time I visited Lincoln County... I did notice that the County Building in Pioche, NV was posted with huge no firearm signs. This surprised me.

Last edited:

prairie 360

Thanks, now when there is a no firearms sign do I have to obey it?

I spent several weeks working in Caliente in 2009. I carried everywhere and had no trouble. A deputy sheriff saw me about seven in the morning at the Sinclair station. There was no comment, trouble or anything.

paintsnow

Last time i was there it looked like a ghost town....

The only person i saw was a gas station attendant at the one open gas station.

Maybe there is more of the town we didnt venture into, we just filled up, crossed the RR tracks, and hit the back country for 3 or 4 days finally driving out of the desert by the indian res. Crazy trip....i would love to do something similar again, but with more then just one vehicle.

Made some stupid noob mistakes that could have ended VERY badly out there. I still have a scar on my head to remind me :p

Nobody knew our route back, just that we went camping out past Caliente and would be back in 4 days. If it wasnt for some RR employees that opened a gate and let us follow them, we may have been stranded with no gas after that wrong turn that took us to the locked gate, etc. Only enough food for the planned 4 days.

At least we had a satellite phone with us, which we actually tested and knew how to use as soon as we lost cell reception right outside of Caliente (within a few miles from town).

Beautiful stuff back there though :)