• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Iowans could use your support!!

Tucker6900

Hey guys! As you may or may not know, Iowa just became a Shall Issue State. And even though Iowa has a preemption law on the books, the Attorney General of Iowas opinion has claimed that local units of government CAN MAKE AND ENFORCE FIREARM ORDINANCES at the local level. So please, if you have spare time, do what you can to help support our cause here. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Michigander

Since the AG's office is normally the last ditch go to resource for preemption enforcement, it sounds like you guys have your hands full.

In that situation I would suggest intensively lobbying the AG himself. Protesting in front of his home and office, complaining to the governer, suing him, these are the basic options I see needing to be explored.

But I definitely don't see it as something we in Michigan can help out with much. Those of us who have successfully helped change things can offer suggestions, but you need to round up a good group of dedicated volunteers in state if you wish to get anywhere. Simple interstate complaints will be given next to no notice.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

but you need to round up a good group of dedicated volunteers in state if you wish to get anywhere. Simple interstate complaints will be given next to no notice.

We have a great group out here working to get things taken care of. Last night we were able to convince one city council to rescind its ban on firearms, not a huge victory yet, but definately a good start.

detroit_fan

Sounds like you may need to take this to the State Supreme Court as Ohio just did. They had to take cleveland to court to enforce the statewide preemption and won. I think you guys just kicked off your 3 liberal judges(the ones who voted for gay marriage) so hopefully you have a SSC that will set the AG straight.