• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LC9

cbpeck

I think firework stands stock those on the shelf between the M80s & firecrackers, right?

That sounds like a pretty stout round for such a little, plastic gun.

Michigander

Looks like Ruger has copied Kel-tec again. I will stick with my PF-9.

Yep. If that's a favorite platform, the kel tec is the best buy.

Otherwise I would say that the Kahr 9mm's and the Taurus 709 are better options.

I can think of almost no reason to pay a premium to Ruger for stealing a design and charging more for it. Particularly since it's not +P rated, and therefore just marginally better than a modern .380 with modern ammo.

kubel

When Ruger copied Kel-Tec and came out with the LCP, I think they surpassed the P3AT. I hope the same is true of the LC9. I'll get one if it's any good.

I haven't been disappointed with a Ruger product yet.

REALteach4u

Anyone seen one of these in person yet?

Not me, they're supposedly shipping Feb 1st. Some of those who frequent Shot Show would have had a chance to see it first hand. I guess I'll have to start making those trips from now on...make it my duty to my students as an instructor.