Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUGER introduces new CCW Pistol, Available on Feb 1st. The RUGER LC9

RUGER introduces new CCW Pistol, Available on Feb 1st. The RUGER LC9

RUGER introduces new CCW Pistol, Available on Feb 1st. I am sure this will blow all Kahr Arms & little Kel Tec's out of the water.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Actually not, it's larger than the offerings from Kahr and Glock.

You could not give me a Keltech. I'll pass on the Ruger as I already have a Kahr MK9.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

It's also bigger than their LCP which isn't on their website anymore. I cant imagine carrying something any thicker than the LCP with a pocket holster. I like the idea of stepping up the fire power from a 380 but size does matter for EVERYDAY concealed carry. IMHO thinner is better for comfort and concealability.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    RUGER introduces new CCW Pistol, Available on Feb 1st. I am sure this will blow all Kahr Arms & little Kel Tec's out of the water.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html
    Let's see, I could sell my Kimber 1911 and buy two of these little critters, one for each hand and, .......
    (7 +1 ) x 2 x 115 or (8+1) x 1 x 230 ........naaaaaaaaah...

I'm good! No wait I'm better!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Canard View Post
    It's also bigger than their LCP which isn't on their website anymore. I cant imagine carrying something any thicker than the LCP with a pocket holster. I like the idea of stepping up the fire power from a 380 but size does matter for EVERYDAY concealed carry. IMHO thinner is better for comfort and concealability.

The LCP is still on their site: http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

But I agree that the LCP is as much as I want to carry in my back pocket.

All these new little low cap 9's are driving me crazy and I wonder what the hell are these manufacturers thinking of when they dream them up... inaccurate; low capacity; probably buggy as hell COMMENT REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Sexist term

A Response

Hello Mr. Sparticus

Handgun manufacturers typically respond to market forces. The Ruger and Kel-Tek small and slim entries into the personal handgun markets meet a market demand. And, with the "rule of 3", that market demand is not unreasonable.

Rule of 3 with respect to personal protection:

The typical personal protection defensive shooting will occur:

Inside of 3 yards
    Be over in 3 seconds
    Will involve a maximum of three shots

While my primary carry is a "service caliber and size", my back up gun (BUG) is a Kel Tech 32 and it is more than adequate to meet the challenges of the "Rule of 3".
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

. All these new little low cap 9's are driving me crazy and I wonder what the hell are these manufacturers thinking of when they dream them up... inaccurate; low capacity; probably buggy as hell little girly guns.
    More and more women are starting to take self protection seriously, do you supose they are trying to appeal them?
    Last edited by johnny amish; 01-03-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I'll just carry my XD 3.8 with 19+1.......lol

I'll continue to carry XD45c for my CC use and XD45 for OC.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I don't care what anyone thinks, I like it! Seems like a cool little gun. Was going to buy the PF9 or the 709 Slim, but this seems a bit smaller than both. I could be wrong, anybody have any size comparisons? I checked online and all I could find was this, which doesn't seem rite at all...

-Landose-
    Last edited by Landose_theghost; 01-03-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Hello Mr. Sparticus

Handgun manufacturers typically respond to market forces. The Ruger and Kel-Tek small and slim entries into the personal handgun markets meet a market demand. And, with the "rule of 3", that market demand is not unreasonable.

Rule of 3 with respect to personal protection:

The typical personal protection defensive shooting will occur:

Inside of 3 yards
    Be over in 3 seconds
    Will involve a maximum of three shots

While my primary carry is a "service caliber and size", my back up gun (BUG) is a Kel Tech 32 and it is more than adequate to meet the challenges of the "Rule of 3".
    I don't have the slightest idea where you got your rule of three thing.

Three yards is what we practice at but gun battles can occur at any distance. Several LE I have talked to say that shooters usually fire either one round or empty their magazine due to the adrenaline rush and and from what I have read the average firefight is ten seconds, not three.

And if the word girly is sexist so is the word manly so go ahead and edit that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    I don't care what anyone thinks, I like it! Seems like a cool little gun. Was going to buy the PF9 or the 709 Slim, but this seems a bit smaller than both. I could be wrong, anybody have any size comparisons? I checked online and all I could find was this, which doesn't seem rite at all...

-Landose-
    I agree. I am gonna get the new Ruger as a Back up for the bigger Pistol...but on those HOT HUMID summer days, the Little Ruger will be perfect under a polo shirt as a stand alone pistol.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

...probably buggy as hell little girly guns.

Not everyone has the opportunity to carry a hand cannon around all day. Their only option might be something very discrete. Others may not be able to handle large framed pistols or are better with small frames. What about people with disabilities or injuries?

I guess only physically fit male specimens should be allowed to own firearms.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

A small gun is better than no gun.

I think it is about time some new smaller 9mm guns came out. 7+1 should fit my needs just fine. I'm not so sure that this one is for me, but if it sells well, more are sure to follow from the other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    A small gun is better than no gun.
    That what my girlfriend assures me of.

But I digress.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Hung like a gerbil?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I agree. I am gonna get the new Ruger as a Back up for the bigger Pistol...but on those HOT HUMID summer days, the Little Ruger will be perfect under a polo shirt as a stand alone pistol.
    Indeed, try to conceal a 1911 or other fullsize Pistol + mags mid July with a T-shirt on in WI,and you will change ur tone reeel fast!...

-Landose-

**Good post none the less G34, I've got my eyes on the LC9 come Feb!**

McX
    not enough...............................the word is Imperial Disruptor!

Again with the Imperial Disrupter?

You know I keep googling it so I can order mine... I can't even find one. What makes it an "Imperial" disrupter vs. just a normal one anyway?

Is it the gold inlay?
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Again with the Imperial Disrupter?

You know I keep googling it so I can order mine... I can't even find one. What makes it an "Imperial" disrupter vs. just a normal one anyway?

Is it the gold inlay?
    it is the 7.62 by 25, better batter makes a better cake, so to speak. yes, continue your search, there are few in existence of any quality. you cant have mine.

this is a Imperial ( Klingon ) disruptor

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-...isruptor-2.jpg
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-04-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    Indeed, try to conceal a 1911 or other fullsize Pistol + mags mid July with a T-shirt on in WI,and you will change ur tone reeel fast!...
    I dunno, I live in Georgia and in summer here I still conceal my XDc 45 and 2 spare magazines without any issues....

I'm not a huge guy either....

Need a good holster and magazine rig and it makes a big difference.

If I have to go really minimal, I drop down to the XDsc 9mm and 2 spare magazines...
    Last edited by Archangel; 01-04-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Market wanted something that was the same size as the LCP but in 9mm or .40S&W. Really the only thing out there was the Kahr offerings and those are above most peoples price points when they can get a .38auto for $300-$500.

A small 9mm will fit in my suit pocket. (when CC finally gets here) I just wish Ruger would include a manual safety on the LC guns. Yes I know DOA doesn't really need a safety. I'm just a big wuss that feels better knowing his jibblys are double safe from accidental discharge.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    Market wanted something that was the same size as the LCP but in 9mm or .40S&W. Really the only thing out there was the Kahr offerings and those are above most peoples price points when they can get a .38auto for $300-$500.

A small 9mm will fit in my suit pocket. (when CC finally gets here) I just wish Ruger would include a manual safety on the LC guns. Yes I know DOA doesn't really need a safety. I'm just a big wuss that feels better knowing his jibblys are double safe from accidental discharge.
    jibblys <<<< lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast