• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RUGER introduces new CCW Pistol, Available on Feb 1st. The RUGER LC9

oak1971

Actually not, it's larger than the offerings from Kahr and Glock.

You could not give me a Keltech. I'll pass on the Ruger as I already have a Kahr MK9.

Canard

It's also bigger than their LCP which isn't on their website anymore. I cant imagine carrying something any thicker than the LCP with a pocket holster. I like the idea of stepping up the fire power from a 380 but size does matter for EVERYDAY concealed carry. IMHO thinner is better for comfort and concealability.

phred

RUGER introduces new CCW Pistol, Available on Feb 1st. I am sure this will blow all Kahr Arms & little Kel Tec's out of the water.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html

Let's see, I could sell my Kimber 1911 and buy two of these little critters, one for each hand and, .......
(7 +1 ) x 2 x 115 or (8+1) x 1 x 230 ........naaaaaaaaah...

I'm good! No wait I'm better!!:banana:

Spartacus

Banned
It's also bigger than their LCP which isn't on their website anymore. I cant imagine carrying something any thicker than the LCP with a pocket holster. I like the idea of stepping up the fire power from a 380 but size does matter for EVERYDAY concealed carry. IMHO thinner is better for comfort and concealability.

The LCP is still on their site: http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

But I agree that the LCP is as much as I want to carry in my back pocket.

All these new little low cap 9's are driving me crazy and I wonder what the hell are these manufacturers thinking of when they dream them up... inaccurate; low capacity; probably buggy as hell COMMENT REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Sexist term

jpm84092

A Response

Hello Mr. Sparticus

Handgun manufacturers typically respond to market forces. The Ruger and Kel-Tek small and slim entries into the personal handgun markets meet a market demand. And, with the "rule of 3", that market demand is not unreasonable.

Rule of 3 with respect to personal protection:

The typical personal protection defensive shooting will occur:

Inside of 3 yards
Be over in 3 seconds
Will involve a maximum of three shots

While my primary carry is a "service caliber and size", my back up gun (BUG) is a Kel Tech 32 and it is more than adequate to meet the challenges of the "Rule of 3".

johnny amish

. All these new little low cap 9's are driving me crazy and I wonder what the hell are these manufacturers thinking of when they dream them up... inaccurate; low capacity; probably buggy as hell little girly guns.

More and more women are starting to take self protection seriously, do you supose they are trying to appeal them?

Last edited:

Landose_theghost

I don't care what anyone thinks, I like it! Seems like a cool little gun. Was going to buy the PF9 or the 709 Slim, but this seems a bit smaller than both. I could be wrong, anybody have any size comparisons? I checked online and all I could find was this, which doesn't seem rite at all...

Comparison.jpg

-Landose-

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Hello Mr. Sparticus

Handgun manufacturers typically respond to market forces. The Ruger and Kel-Tek small and slim entries into the personal handgun markets meet a market demand. And, with the "rule of 3", that market demand is not unreasonable.

Rule of 3 with respect to personal protection:

The typical personal protection defensive shooting will occur:

Inside of 3 yards
Be over in 3 seconds
Will involve a maximum of three shots

While my primary carry is a "service caliber and size", my back up gun (BUG) is a Kel Tech 32 and it is more than adequate to meet the challenges of the "Rule of 3".

I don't have the slightest idea where you got your rule of three thing.

Three yards is what we practice at but gun battles can occur at any distance. Several LE I have talked to say that shooters usually fire either one round or empty their magazine due to the adrenaline rush and and from what I have read the average firefight is ten seconds, not three.

And if the word girly is sexist so is the word manly so go ahead and edit that too.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I don't care what anyone thinks, I like it! Seems like a cool little gun. Was going to buy the PF9 or the 709 Slim, but this seems a bit smaller than both. I could be wrong, anybody have any size comparisons? I checked online and all I could find was this, which doesn't seem rite at all...

Comparison.jpg

-Landose-

I agree. I am gonna get the new Ruger as a Back up for the bigger Pistol...but on those HOT HUMID summer days, the Little Ruger will be perfect under a polo shirt as a stand alone pistol.

HandyHamlet

...probably buggy as hell little girly guns.

:eek:

Not everyone has the opportunity to carry a hand cannon around all day. Their only option might be something very discrete. Others may not be able to handle large framed pistols or are better with small frames. What about people with disabilities or injuries?

I guess only physically fit male specimens should be allowed to own firearms.

AaronS

I think it is about time some new smaller 9mm guns came out. 7+1 should fit my needs just fine. I'm not so sure that this one is for me, but if it sells well, more are sure to follow from the other manufacturers.

Landose_theghost

I agree. I am gonna get the new Ruger as a Back up for the bigger Pistol...but on those HOT HUMID summer days, the Little Ruger will be perfect under a polo shirt as a stand alone pistol.

Indeed, try to conceal a 1911 or other fullsize Pistol + mags mid July with a T-shirt on in WI,and you will change ur tone reeel fast!...

-Landose-

**Good post none the less G34, I've got my eyes on the LC9 come Feb!**

M

McX

not enough...............................the word is Imperial Disruptor!

HandyHamlet

Again with the Imperial Disrupter?

:cuss:

You know I keep googling it so I can order mine... I can't even find one. What makes it an "Imperial" disrupter vs. just a normal one anyway?

Is it the gold inlay?